. .

Thread: John Stevenson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I don't really want to post this, but the resident grumpy Yorkshire man passed away this morning.

More details can be found over on the model engineer forum - http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/foru....asp?th=131147

I know I've always enjoyed his both knowledgeable and funny posts starting from the usenet days, and he's going to be badly missed.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Let's hope that wherever he's gone, there'll be Hobnobs a'plenty. He will be missed.

I was fortunate enough to meet John on several occasions and it was always a pleasure.
    There's a J.S. shaped hole in the engineering community which I doubt will be filled in a hurry.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

RIP JohnS (http://www.mycncuk.com/members/25-John-S),
    I never met you, but often had a chuckle when reading your posts.
    Hope they have Hobnobs wherever you've gone!
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyGuid; 23-10-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Sad news . . . he machined my first ball screw ends all those years ago. And yes, he was a bit grumpy about doing that and even more grumpy when the workshop phone rang from a 'customer'. Fondly remembered . . .
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

6. This is really sad news.
    He will be missed.

I am saddened to hear this, he was a grumpy old bugger and I liked him for that. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes, metal to swarf.

Bye John and thanks for all the advice.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Really nice guy under the grumpy stuff (probably the hobnobs) I only met him twice its a big loss to the cnc guys and to the various forums he has been on.

R.I.P. John.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

R.I.P Mate.

I didn't know him but used to enjoy reading his posts, sad indeed. Condolences to his family
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 27-10-2017 at 09:47 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information