. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    So, just came across this today:

http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_...ontroller.html

And, honestly, trying to figure out why everyone isn't freaking out about it? Seems like the answer to a lot of prayers in the DIY CNC world. What am I missing?

Regards,
    Wallace

Ive been looking at this myself as I'm building a new machine and I really don't want to use mach 3 or 4. I should have stuck it out with eding cnc but this does look interesting.

I am just a happy hobbyist so take my opinion with a huge pinch of salt.

This did not look attractive to me because of gcode limitations and only 3 axis in cheapest software option.
    Also the GUI does not look intuitive for me..
    Im not using mach for my future machine, went for uccnc instead. :)

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    The two things that standout to me, are you need to add the cost of the software to do anything more than basic machining, and outputs/inputs are limited, with no obvious way to expand.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Seems like the answer to a lot of prayers in the DIY CNC world.
    You're praying for less features for more money?
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

http://weihong.adcomma.cn/en/chanpin...160422/15.html

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    That's fair - I may have overstated a bit. Also, I was thinking that this was a standalone controller similar to the DDCSV1.1, but now I see that it only works in conjunction with their software.

Still intriguing though. I really do not like depending on Windows PC for realtime functionality.

Regards,
    Wallace

With the exception if Mach3 running on a parallel port, just about all hobby controls rely on their motion controller for the "real time" stuff. Windows is not an issue at all. I've been using machines costing well over $100,000 with Windows based controls for nearly 20 years, and I've never seen Windows cause an issue.
    I would not want a machine control that didn't run on a PC, as you lose all of the advantages that having a PC at the machine brings.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Most of our new machines at work now run on windows based controls and I must admit that it does give a lot of options that were missing before. But on the other hand we still have a couple of old machines that run on plc's and they don't give us any problems at all with the control side of things. If something has gone wrong most of the time it has been a hardware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why do you say this? I am currently designing my first DIY CNC machine, and from the homework I have been doing, this seems like the ideal CNC control for those looking for the closest thing to a commercial CNC control.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information