. .

Thread: Tool Offsets

Hi there, can anyone tell me where, mach3 stores the tool height offsets. I'm using tool 1 as the ref tool, tool 2,3,4 etc are obviously all different heights where is this info ?
    Thanks
    Kev

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Just checked an old mach 3 backup, and it's the tools3.dat file in the macro folder for the machine, however it's not a basic text file.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

So I guess mach3 doesn’t have a tool offset library, like my machine at work i’ll check the forum and see If I can find out how it all works

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It does, it's just the file format isn't human readable.

All the information is viewable in the tool table within Mach, or I think there may be a program available to view the data outwith mach, but that may just exist in a figment of my imagination!
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Config > Tool Table?
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Thread Information