Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone recommend a good value source for profile, say 40x40, UK based ideally.

Seem that the going price is around 10 per meter.

I found that http://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk has a good range.

Just wondered where people go for it?

Lives in uherne bay, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 4.
    I have used for my own build and found them very good.

Cheers Tony

Ye but add the postage and vat it kills the build.
    I went woth 2040 pack from ratrig as they have v groove and 2 grooves each side as well as top all v groove. You dont say what your using it for but I done a ton of searching and its super expensive here in UK, China sellers are expensive too. Ratrig was best deal by far but only 2020 and 2040. I am thinking get some 4040 for strengh but when you see the vat and post cost more then the parts its a put off. There not even iseful with 1 slot and no grooves and some are real skinny on the profile, the ones a lil expensiver be thicker.
    Simon on ebay has t slot at the cheapest prices by far and free delivery, he at 33 for 3x 1m lenghs and he cuts for free. I used him a bunch but I needed v slot.

Anyway
    Simon on ebay or ratrig portugal are the cheapest by far.

Take care. I spent months searching. Trust me on this aha.

Quote Originally Posted by The link View Post
    Ye but add the postage and vat it kills the build.
    I went woth 2040 pack from ratrig as they have v groove and 2 grooves each side as well as top all v groove. You dont say what your using it for but I done a ton of searching and its super expensive here in UK, China sellers are expensive too. Ratrig was best deal by far but only 2020 and 2040. I am thinking get some 4040 for strengh but when you see the vat and post cost more then the parts its a put off. There not even iseful with 1 slot and no grooves and some are real skinny on the profile, the ones a lil expensiver be thicker.
    Simon on ebay has t slot at the cheapest prices by far and free delivery, he at 33 for 3x 1m lenghs and he cuts for free. I used him a bunch but I needed v slot.

Anyway
    Simon on ebay or ratrig portugal are the cheapest by far.

Take care. I spent months searching. Trust me on this aha.
    Thanks for that. I will check out Simon (simon74022) on ebay (4040 is 52 for 5x1m from him). It's for a gantry router. TBH I am thinking of going to welded steel instead. You can get 40x40 steel box for 7 for 2.4M, so it's dirt cheap...

It does mean going for epoxy to get level flat surfaces, which then adds on a load of cost.
    Last edited by Richard; 1 Week Ago at 06:33 PM.

5. I have been looking for a reasonable priced epoxy (west system 105+209 5kg) and the cheapest I have found so far is around 200.

Quote Originally Posted by m.i.k.e View Post
    I have been looking for a reasonable priced epoxy (west system 105+209 5kg) and the cheapest I have found so far is around 200.
    Seems the West System is the only supplier of extra slow cure epoxy?

danson marine have the 5kg kit for 160, all in.

Quote Originally Posted by m.i.k.e View Post
    I have been looking for a reasonable priced epoxy (west system 105+209 5kg) and the cheapest I have found so far is around 200.
    Seems the West System is the only supplier of extra slow cure epoxy?

danson marine have the 5kg kit for 160 all in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

9. Nice find Richard.

I guess if you went round a few boat yards you might get some half used 105!

Most boat chandler places are megabucks, especially if they are in a marina, but Dansons looks like it's just sat in Sidcup highstreet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast