. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone recommend a good value source for profile, say 40x40, UK based ideally.

Seem that the going price is around £10 per meter.

I found that http://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk has a good range.

Just wondered where people go for it?

Lives in herne bay, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21-11-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 13. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    I have used for my own build and found them very good.

Cheers Tony

Ye but add the postage and vat it kills the build.
    I went woth 2040 pack from ratrig as they have v groove and 2 grooves each side as well as top all v groove. You dont say what your using it for but I done a ton of searching and its super expensive here in UK, China sellers are expensive too. Ratrig was best deal by far but only 2020 and 2040. I am thinking get some 4040 for strengh but when you see the vat and post cost more then the parts its a put off. There not even iseful with 1 slot and no grooves and some are real skinny on the profile, the ones a lil expensiver be thicker.
    Simon on ebay has t slot at the cheapest prices by far and free delivery, he at 33 for 3x 1m lenghs and he cuts for free. I used him a bunch but I needed v slot.

Anyway
    Simon on ebay or ratrig portugal are the cheapest by far.

Take care. I spent months searching. Trust me on this aha.

Quote Originally Posted by The link View Post
    Ye but add the postage and vat it kills the build.
    I went woth 2040 pack from ratrig as they have v groove and 2 grooves each side as well as top all v groove. You dont say what your using it for but I done a ton of searching and its super expensive here in UK, China sellers are expensive too. Ratrig was best deal by far but only 2020 and 2040. I am thinking get some 4040 for strengh but when you see the vat and post cost more then the parts its a put off. There not even iseful with 1 slot and no grooves and some are real skinny on the profile, the ones a lil expensiver be thicker.
    Simon on ebay has t slot at the cheapest prices by far and free delivery, he at 33 for 3x 1m lenghs and he cuts for free. I used him a bunch but I needed v slot.

Anyway
    Simon on ebay or ratrig portugal are the cheapest by far.

Take care. I spent months searching. Trust me on this aha.
    Thanks for that. I will check out Simon (simon74022) on ebay (4040 is £52 for 5x1m from him). It's for a gantry router. TBH I am thinking of going to welded steel instead. You can get 40x40 steel box for £7 for 2.4M, so it's dirt cheap...

It does mean going for epoxy to get level flat surfaces, which then adds on a load of cost.
    Last edited by Richard; 13-11-2017 at 06:33 PM.

I have been looking for a reasonable priced epoxy (west system 105+209 5kg) and the cheapest I have found so far is around £200.

Quote Originally Posted by m.i.k.e View Post
    I have been looking for a reasonable priced epoxy (west system 105+209 5kg) and the cheapest I have found so far is around £200.
    Seems the West System is the only supplier of extra slow cure epoxy?

danson marine have the 5kg kit for £160, all in.

Quote Originally Posted by m.i.k.e View Post
    Seems the West System is the only supplier of extra slow cure epoxy?

danson marine have the 5kg kit for £160 all in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Nice find Richard.

I guess if you went round a few boat yards you might get some half used 105!

Most boat chandler places are megabucks, especially if they are in a marina, but Dansons looks like it's just sat in Sidcup highstreet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information