. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross77 View Post
    would also need to buy all new tooling
    I use tooling from 6mm through to 25mm+ shank on my Myford Super 7, by milling a relief pocket on the holder side of the shank which just accommodates the bottom lip of the Myford size QCTP holders the ability to use the tool in a larger holder isn't compromised, rigidity isn't reduced to any significant degree and centre height isn't an issue :D
    Last edited by magicniner; 02-11-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Is there a view on what size tool is required? For my Harrison M300, this is a semi beefy home lathe. 12mm almost looks too small. I spoke to Kenny last night (dude selling the stuff) and he says on his Haas CNC lathe, he tried bigger tools (20mm etc) and found that they took up too much space and settled with 16mm. Suppose feeds and speeds are important here too. Most of my turning is alu or softer steels.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Is there enough height on a ML10 for that style tool changer?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Devon, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 759. Received thanks 27 times, giving thanks to others 52 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Is there enough height on a ML10 for that style tool changer?
    Umm No. just checked tonight and it is only 50mm from the table to the center of the spindle.

Looks like it will have to be custom made if I go down that route. maybe try gang tooling first.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I used a mix of quick change holders, and a gang tooling block when I had my Conect lathe.

A couple photos can be found in this album over on flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/mc_mtb...57625154378941

IIRC they were ER25 holders.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Ive actually bought one of these so if anyone needs info, let me know.

Lives in Devon, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 759. Received thanks 27 times, giving thanks to others 52 times.
    How are getting on with the ATC? is the turned finish similar to a QCTP

Im looking at building one but cant decide on this type with the ratchet and pawl or the pneumatic ones with the toothed register. Seems to be pros and cons to both

How are getting on with the ATC? is the turned finish similar to a QCTP

Im looking at building one but cant decide on this type with the ratchet and pawl or the pneumatic ones with the toothed register. Seems to be pros and cons to both
    I think its decent. I struggled with parting, he uses an alu 'pawl' which ive since machined out of steel, havent tested it yet. For a smaller machine, its ok but it struggles a bit with the heavier stuff.

Thats for the heads up. what size is the main block?

My friend has the little denford one and said it suffers from similar issues. We were looking to make one with the pnuematic actuator but seem like a lot of work to me.

I just seen this one http://lukesprojects.weebly.com/auto...l-changer.html it uses two adjustable pawls and looks quite substantial

Do you know if the pneumatic ones are the best option? either way it will be an investment so we want to make the best possible version

Thats for the heads up. what size is the main block?

My friend has the little denford one and said it suffers from similar issues. We were looking to make one with the pnuematic actuator but seem like a lot of work to me.

I just seen this one http://lukesprojects.weebly.com/auto...l-changer.html it uses two adjustable pawls and looks quite substantial

Do you know if the pneumatic ones are the best option? either way it will be an investment so we want to make the best possible version
    Sorry, main block? The mounting block? Probably around 100 x 100 mm but can check over teh weekend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information