Thread: ACP Problem

  1. #1
    Hi, I have just joined the group, and am not sure if this is the correct place to ask a question, so please bear with me. I have owned an AXYZ Router for some time and have always had trouble cutting out small (3") letters from 3mm Dibond. what happens is it will cut fine for a while and then the odd letter will lift from the table and fly round the workshop, I have even had them embed in the plywood walls! So what cutter is best and what feed speed ect. should i use to help prevent this, Many thanks, Ryan

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by RYANB123 View Post
    Hi, I have just joined the group, and am not sure if this is the correct place to ask a question, so please bear with me. I have owned an AXYZ Router for some time and have always had trouble cutting out small (3") letters from 3mm Dibond. what happens is it will cut fine for a while and then the odd letter will lift from the table and fly round the workshop, I have even had them embed in the plywood walls! So what cutter is best and what feed speed ect. should i use to help prevent this, Many thanks, Ryan
    How are you holding the work down have you tried double sided tape?

    ps Welcome to the forum Ryan
    Last edited by Clive S; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:03 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    How are you holding the work down have you tried double sided tape?

    ps Welcome to the forum Ryan

  4. #4
    Thank you Clive for your quick response. I should have added that the machine
    has a vacuum bed, and this works fine on letters over 6 " tall but will give me grief with smaller letters. Are you suggesting that i should try double sided tape on the vacuum bed? Excuse me if this is stupid, but i am fairly new to this and am on a learning curve (hopefully) Regards Ryan

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RYANB123 View Post
    Thank you Clive for your quick response. I should have added that the machine
    has a vacuum bed, and this works fine on letters over 6 " tall but will give me grief with smaller letters. Are you suggesting that i should try double sided tape on the vacuum bed? Excuse me if this is stupid, but i am fairly new to this and am on a learning curve (hopefully) Regards Ryan
    Well the smaller the part the less the hold down pressure there is. If you think about it, a part that is 6x6 will have 36 sq" but a part 3x3 will only have 9 sq" so if you have a suction of say 10lb sq" then the 6" part will have a hold down of 360lb but the 3" part will only have 90lb hold down.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  6. #6
    You can use a sacrificial plate (though you will get multiple uses from it) to tape your material to and your vacuum bed will hold the plate nicely.

    - Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

  7. #7
    Use "holdiing tabs" or don't cut right through the material but leave a very thin skin at the bottom, this will easily clean up later although it is an extra step in the process.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Similar Threads

  1. kx 1 problem
    By bab160 in forum Sieg Milling Machines
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-07-2016, 11:37 AM
  2. help with problem please
    By martin54 in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 27-08-2014, 09:43 AM
  3. Bearing fit problem
    By paulus.v in forum Linear & Rotary Motion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 09:54 AM
  4. Problem with X
    By gorbo in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 24-02-2011, 05:33 AM
  5. Z Problem
    By airwolf in forum Machine Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 08:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •