. .

Thread: ACP Problem

Hi, I have just joined the group, and am not sure if this is the correct place to ask a question, so please bear with me. I have owned an AXYZ Router for some time and have always had trouble cutting out small (3") letters from 3mm Dibond. what happens is it will cut fine for a while and then the odd letter will lift from the table and fly round the workshop, I have even had them embed in the plywood walls! So what cutter is best and what feed speed ect. should i use to help prevent this, Many thanks, Ryan

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by RYANB123 View Post
    Hi, I have just joined the group, and am not sure if this is the correct place to ask a question, so please bear with me. I have owned an AXYZ Router for some time and have always had trouble cutting out small (3") letters from 3mm Dibond. what happens is it will cut fine for a while and then the odd letter will lift from the table and fly round the workshop, I have even had them embed in the plywood walls! So what cutter is best and what feed speed ect. should i use to help prevent this, Many thanks, Ryan
    How are you holding the work down have you tried double sided tape?

ps Welcome to the forum Ryan
    Last edited by Clive S; 01-11-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    How are you holding the work down have you tried double sided tape?

ps Welcome to the forum Ryan

Thank you Clive for your quick response. I should have added that the machine
    has a vacuum bed, and this works fine on letters over 6 " tall but will give me grief with smaller letters. Are you suggesting that i should try double sided tape on the vacuum bed? Excuse me if this is stupid, but i am fairly new to this and am on a learning curve (hopefully) Regards Ryan

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by RYANB123 View Post
    Thank you Clive for your quick response. I should have added that the machine
    has a vacuum bed, and this works fine on letters over 6 " tall but will give me grief with smaller letters. Are you suggesting that i should try double sided tape on the vacuum bed? Excuse me if this is stupid, but i am fairly new to this and am on a learning curve (hopefully) Regards Ryan
    Well the smaller the part the less the hold down pressure there is. If you think about it, a part that is 6x6 will have 36 sq" but a part 3x3 will only have 9 sq" so if you have a suction of say 10lb sq" then the 6" part will have a hold down of 360lb but the 3" part will only have 90lb hold down.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

You can use a sacrificial plate (though you will get multiple uses from it) to tape your material to and your vacuum bed will hold the plate nicely.

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Use "holdiing tabs" or don't cut right through the material but leave a very thin skin at the bottom, this will easily clean up later although it is an extra step in the process.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thread Information