. .

Thread: Patrick

hello everybody I'm new at this I have a 3040 cnc from china and I'm having a problem with the machine locking I have reset and reset loads of times I need help please

Hi Patrick,

When you say "locking" do you mean a mechanical fault or software?

Be sure to keep any USB control cables away from any power cables, as they are seriously prone to interfere with each other, electrical noise in the USB cable mostly.

Hi Patrick,

We could do with a few more details.

Do you use Mach3 ?

What is the controller you have ?

What do you mean by locking ? Is the machine going into 'reset' (Sorry, not thinking, I meant going into a stop mode that needs the 'RESET' screen button clicking) ? or just stopping.

I think we need to define the problem more.

Cheers,

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 11-11-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    hello everybody I'm new at this I have a 3040 cnc from china and I'm having a problem with the machine locking I have reset and reset loads of times I need help please
    Yes I use mac3

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Yes I use mac3
    You really need to carefully read and answer the questions asked.

Was your Mach3 purchased from Newfangled Solutions, an Official Reseller or did it come with a Chinese machine? Who's name is on the license?

Does the machine stop whilst Mach3 continues to run or does Mach3 stop running?

Mach3 is running thousands of good machines throut Parallel Port, Etherenet, USB etc. so Mach3 isn't your problem, licensing, version, plugins and system all can play their part in causing a fault.

So, above questions? ^^^^^^^^^?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

hello Lee the mack3 came with the cnc from china. I know the power is going to the controller because I have power to the spindle I can work that from the mini cnc controller the problem is the x y and z lock when I turn the controller on but the spindle works

I'm not sure it looks like its the software

Hia Rob when I turn the controller on I can work the spindle from that but the axis motors all lock cheers,

Hi Patrick,

I would recommend that you download Mach3 from Artsoft and try it as the demo version. If it solves your problem then it is the Chinese Mach3, they generally do not work. You will need to install it in a different directory and copy the configuration file (.xml) for Mach3 from your Chinese version into the new directory.

The demo version of Mach3 will run a limited number of lines of Gcode, so you can prove it works. Then you will only need a proper licence.

Please keep the forum posted with your progress.

BTW it is normal for the steppers to go solid on the spindles, when they are powered and normally in hold mode, they switch to half the step current. Is that what you mean by 'locking' ?

Cheers,

Rob

Thread Information