. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I think I had this problem a few months back and im sure some one helped sort it however I cant for the life of me find the information any were. I thought I changed something at the time and it fixed it but the problem seam to have come back and now the z axis trips out in the same place every time on various files.

the problem is on my z axis always tripping out and giving 5 blinks on the led indicating Senssorless Stall Protection

I seam to remember it was something to do with the motor tuning and they said it was do with the axis not keeping up with each other but as I say cant find were the info I was given is.

can anyone make any suggestions on what to do?

many thanks
    Last edited by charlieuk; 13-11-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Is your Y axis dual-motor? Is it happening in the same physical place each time, or do you mean that the files that cause it always stop at the same line of gcode but in different physical positions?

I have a dual-motor X axis, and the only time I get the problem is when, for some reason, the gantry has gone out of square (and it doesn't seem to need to be far out). Curiously, it happens at the same place along the axis, presumably where the rails aren't quite perfectly aligned, around half-way along. The only other time it has happened was when I was tuning the system; if I pushed things too far (speed or acceleration) I could get stall events, but they don't happen now that I have settled on the parameters I am using.

Assuming no squaring problems, can you wind down speed and/or acceleration to see if that helps? If so, it might provide a pointer.

It’s a single motor, it happens on the sasme g code line anywhere on the machine it doesn’t appear to be macanical. I have had a little play with the speeds but I don’t really know what I’m doing 100%
    Last edited by charlieuk; 12-11-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Can you post an extract of the gcode showing an example of where it happens? One of the pairs of eyes reading this forum might spot the problem. Is it only while actually cutting, or does it also happen when "air cutting"?

Will try too tomorow it happens with both however I’m only cutting foam at the moment so it’s not exactly loaded up. It has been fine cutting one file all summer but now it’s not. Perhaps the cold has effected the motors?

would it be likely that it is the motor/driver that is giving the fault that is likely to be the problem or that its one of the others that is doing it? I have y and z axis both using a em806 and the x using a much larger kinco drive

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    the problem seam to have come back and now the y axis trips out in the same place every time on various files.
    Charlie You say various files above.

t’s a single motor, it happens on the sasme g code line anywhere on the machine it doesn’t appear to be macanical.
    But here yo are saying on the same line of gcode,

Will try too tomorow it happens with both
    Not sure what this means.

Is it just one axis that is tripping if so can you be a bit more specific as to what is actually going on.
    As Neale has suggested does it trip doing fresh air cuts?
    Last edited by Clive S; 13-11-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Ok so this morning I tried the same file as yesterday which I normal run at 150% and it still faults however run at only 100% it is ok. I have a friend here who knows a little more so we have swapped the two drives over to see if the problem changed drives however now doong a rapid move on the y axis just using the keyboard trips the same driver as before which is now on the z axis.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Charlie You say various files above.

But here yo are saying on the same line of gcode,

Not sure what this means.

Is it just one axis that is tripping if so can you be a bit more specific as to what is actually going on.
    As Neale has suggested does it trip doing fresh air cuts?
    The drive is giving the same sensorless stall protection fault on the same file each time if I change the file it faults again but at a different point in the file but is repeatable if you re start the file. The fault causes a external e stop on Mach 3.

Yes the driver trips doing air cuts

Many thanks

Here are the two motor tuninging numbers for y and z that use the same driver Then the x on the junco drive
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6CF1557-60AC-4ACC-BB20-C6C57A5DF671.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	606.7 KB 
ID:	23196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A941B226-0C52-48D6-BB3D-49C0939CED40.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	451.1 KB 
ID:	23197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490A106-3D1A-43CD-8997-5F5C90B1C0C7.jpeg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	23198  
    Last edited by charlieuk; 13-11-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information