. .
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    From what I've read, the Acorn does not allow for any expansion, which is how they've limited it's usability.

To get IO expansion, you've got to buy one of their other controllers, which the next cheapest one is the Oak, at just a shade under $1600, but looking at the overview/comparison table I'm not sure if it's step/dir capable, or some combination of step/dir and analogue.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

2. yup- saw the oak- but thats way too expensive for a hobby control in my opinion. even the oak- the expansion cards cost loads !

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I will say the software does look good, and it could be the best software in the world, but if you can't get enough inputs and outputs, it's useless.
    Always ways around this stuff and £140 buys you PLC with 32 I/O for the simple in/out/up/down/spin etc stuff.

Just like many other boards which come with restricted I/O then it starts costing you for more with expansion cards so not much difference really.
    Main and BIG Difference is the software is Rock Solid and is supported by people who know what there doing.

http://www.audon.co.uk/cubloc_plc/MSB764T.html

I've heard very good things about the acorn, and if you can live with the limited I/O, and 4 axis, it may be the best hobby level control there is. Especially for lathe users.
    It just doesn't have enough customization features for my needs.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

5. Ha- no money if you can't sell a screen set :-)
    I may try one on the lathe
    Maybe il wait until a few more are running well in the uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    It just doesn't have enough customization features for my needs.
    Visually not so much but don't judge a book by it's cover.!! The built-in PLC is a very powerful tool and along with macros can pretty much make it do whatever you want.!... Provided you speak the Lingo.!!

Must admit thou shame about only 4 axis. I/O can be got around but not # axis.!!

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    So I bought one of these and have replaced this Pokeys on my CNC lathe. Happy this far, anyone know how to do code up an ATC 'macro' for Centroid?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    So I bought one of these and have replaced this Pokeys on my CNC lathe. Happy this far, anyone know how to do code up an ATC 'macro' for Centroid?
    What type of atc.?

Check this out.
    http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopi...52327af32d86da
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 17-02-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Thanks, seen that topic but still a bit stuck. Pity, cant play with the PLC code unless connected to the Board (now in the garage).

The turret is one of these:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cCDulVashA

Standard ratchet / pawl setup.

Chaz give me some more info on turret ie: Distance to move per tool change.
    Do you have this working on Mach3 if so then post M6.macro as it should tell everything needed to write Macro for Acorn.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information