. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I now have my Acorn based Bridgeport conversion working, and am pleased with the Acorn board and CNC 12 software (with December 2017 update)
    I am still using the free version as I am undecided whether to go for Pro Version at $139 or the Digitising package at $399.
    There doesn't appear to be a CNC12 manual, but I'm using the generic Centroid manual downloaded from the website and it looks to be pretty compatible with CNC12.
    I am using a refurbed Dell Optiplex 755 with Windows 10, (Amazon or ebay) which has a CPU which falls a bit short of the recommended single thread performance stated by Centroid but it works ok.
    CNC 12 has a nice front end - looks professional - can't wait to find a sensible priced touch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ye, I've got one and For Mill Retrofit it's spot on but for DIY Router then it's missing few things like Independent Homing for slaved axis etc but those are in Beta and hopefully out in next software release.
    The software is rock solid as it's exactly same as used on High-end systems and hardware is nice neat well made with a decent amount of I/O. Also Got spindle encoder input so can do Ridged tapping which is nice to have.

One small drawback for me is the fact it only works on Win10 and needs decent PC with plenty power. Suppose that's price progress.!!
    Last edited by DY10CNC; 22-01-2018 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Updated price of software

Thread Information