1. #1
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 963. Received thanks 67 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    A bit of a long shot, does anyone have a Harrison M300 motor that I can buy? Mine has packed up and struggling to find an exact equivalent.

    2.2KW (3HP), 4 pole, Star and Delta wiring. 90 sized frame, 24mm shaft.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Have you got any machine you've not managed to break? :-)

    Inverter Drive have one option available to order- https://inverterdrive.com/group/Moto...4+Pole+1500RPM
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

  3. #3
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 963. Received thanks 67 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Have you got any machine you've not managed to break? :-)

    Inverter Drive have one option available to order- https://inverterdrive.com/group/Moto...4+Pole+1500RPM
    Nope, seems not.

    Thanks, had seen that, bit pricey but OK. Thoughts on installing a higher power motor? I might call a supplier this morning and if the 100 frame motor is only marginally bigger, I might go this route with a new pulley.

    Mmmm. That is a face mounting motor, so wont work without mods to the install.
    Last edited by Chaz; 4 Days Ago at 08:39 AM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Mmmm. That is a face mounting motor, so wont work without mods to the install.
    Face mount to flange or foot mount is just a set of parts, the supplier should be able to supply or fit a foot mount kit at minimal cost, my motor supplier has a price for a given spec of motor and supplies foot, face or flange at the same price or the parts to swap it over.

    You could share with the class where 3 phase motors are available cheaper if you have a source of good quality units for low prices? :-)
    Regards,
    Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

  5. #5
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 963. Received thanks 67 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Face mount to flange or foot mount is just a set of parts, the supplier should be able to supply or fit a foot mount kit at minimal cost, my motor supplier has a price for a given spec of motor and supplies foot, face or flange at the same price or the parts to swap it over.

    You could share with the class where 3 phase motors are available cheaper if you have a source of good quality units for low prices? :-)
    Regards,
    Nick
    Example - https://www.sdsdrives.com/products/m...2243TECAB3-IE2

    Price probably excludes VAT (not sure if the other one does or not). Motor size is OK, frame size a bit larger. So If I can modify a pulley and basically the rest works, this might be the way to go. In which case going with a 3KW 100 frame motor might be OK then?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 19-01-2017, 01:49 PM
  2. formula for capacitor on 3 phase motor
    By dudz in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-11-2015, 05:37 PM
  3. Myford 7, 3 phase motor other CNC questions.
    By Jconway651 in forum Lathes, Lathe Rebuilding & Conversions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 28-01-2015, 10:33 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-04-2014, 03:14 PM
  5. single and 3 phase motor sizing and mounting ?
    By Musht in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-10-2013, 09:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •