Hello All
I've got a makko 850 cnc machine with acme thread screws and was wondering if upgrading/changing to ball screws would make a worthwhile improvement. The machine has currently 16x4mm acme screws. the x travel is 800 mm Y travel 540 mm Z travel 125 mm. The power supply will supply 4 amps per stepper phase on x and y and 2 amps per phase on the z axis. I`ve bought two Leadshine em705 drivers for the x and y motors not yet fitted (the ones supplied with the machine were leadshine m542 (7+ years old) the power supply is 40 volts (300va) I'm doing woodworking (guitar making ) with the machine, learning by doing!! Any tips on improving the machine would be eagerly accepted. I'm using uccnc uc100 which was a great investment as the machine was virtually unusable with the original software supplied French partially translated into other languages (if you get my drift) I think Alan Turing would have had trouble figuring out the software as it was. Looking forward to any advice on whether it's worth upgrading the screws or any other part. The machine has not had much use but i'm slowly getting used to to it and my fear factor has reduced a lot in the last months with all the information on this site.
Cheers

Andrew