. .

Thread: New member

Hi Forum members from Georgetown Canada . My goal is to build speakers using a cnc router . I would like it to be 1500 x 1000 x 400 . It needs to cut laminated Baltic Birch . its a dense ply .
    I have been looking at Chinese kits which are pretty cheap . I would like to use 20 mm ball screws . Speed isn't important . There are a lot of questions I have . I had originally decided on nema 34 but it may be overkill. I could use some suggestions on motor size , bearing type and size . motor brand . 4 lead or 8 lead ? dual ball screw on x and y ? It needs to cut 3d smoothly is important .
    drivers ? breakout board ?

Chris

So I went ahead and ordered a frame today . 60 x 36 x 32 . 45 x 90 t-channel aluminum extrusion . 4 cross members on the top from 45 x 90 and 4 cross members at 16 inches using 45 x 45 . The top two middle pcs are removable so I can drop thick pieces onto the lower shelf . I'm thinking the side of the t-channel will be rigid enough to support the linear rail . I have a friend that can supply me with aluminum plate for the top , i'm thinking 1/2 inch . Any things I should watch out for ?

Thread Information