. .

Thread: CSMIO/IP wanted

would like a CSMIO/IP ip-s prefered or ip-m for the right money

Quite a bit of difference between them in both price and performance + I/O what you wanting to do with it.?

ive seen the price difference,was/is ip-m on here but he has not replied, just running a router with slave nothing special
    id be quite happy with the ip-s its more than enough

Quote Originally Posted by gregors View Post
    ive seen the price difference,was/is ip-m on here but he has not replied, just running a router with slave nothing special
    id be quite happy with the ip-s its more than enough
    I bought the IP/M that was on here recently but there was also an IP/S and Encoder module that Ross was selling, thou I think he's sold it, but you could PM just in case.

The IP/M will do slaved motors but it doesn't home each axis separately so won't square the gantry if you are looking to do that. (well it can with a bit of trickery but not out the box)

the abilty to home both slaved axis is nice but wouldnt be the be all and end all but would be nice
    ive sent a PM no response so ill take it he has sold, lol bit of trickery ive no chance then :) main thing is getting my macine up and running
    ive used other cheap boards and its time i spent and got a nice one the idea of not having seprate bob sounds good

I use an IP/M with a slaved axis. These days, I home it using a trick that someone described a year or two back. You can go into the CSMIO config plugin control panel and select "no slave axis". I then have a specific "home all" button which runs a homing macro that homes X and A together (and actually Y as well but that's not relevant). I have fitted a home switch to the A axis and it all works very nicely. Then back to the plugin, re-enable the slave axis, and off you go. I keep meaning to test whether I can use the "offset zero" field in the Mach3 homing parameters to make fine tweaks to the A position but I haven't got round to that yet. The IP/S does all that by itself, of course, but it's an awful lot more to pay if that's all you need it for.

Personally, if I were starting again today, I would look very seriously at a UC300ETH and UB1 combination which appear to be very similar in capability, 24V interfaces, etc, to the CSMIO and with the possibility of losing Mach3 which causes me just enough problems to be irritating but not quite enough to bite the bullet and upgrade. There are other options, of course, but the thought goes through my mind that I could probably do a brain transplant on my current control box without major re-engineering that way. Losing Mach3 itself for something that is not years obsolete is attractive as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Personally, if I were starting again today, I would look very seriously at a UC300ETH and UB1 combination which appear to be very similar in capability, 24V interfaces, etc, to the CSMIO and with the possibility of losing Mach3 which causes me just enough problems to be irritating but not quite enough to bite the bullet and upgrade.
    I'm going to agree but slightly disagree with this.? I agree Mach3 is getting long in the tooth and does have some issues under certain conditions. However, for routers with simple needs, I don't have any issues really.

Regards the Uc300Eth + UB1 combo then I've fitted a few now and I'm not impressed with the UB1. The connectors are poor and I've had a few issues with wires coming loose, I've also had some noise issues. Whereas the Cslabs connectors are rock solid and I've NEVER had a single issue with noise, even on very noisy machines with very high-frequency devices attached.

If I could find an IP/S at the right money then I'd go with that over UC300/UB1 because of it's quality and to be honest if Mach3 did everything I needed I'd even go with the IP/M if had all the I/O and frequency again because of its quality.

Thou that said I do agree that Cslabs/Artsoft relationship isn't great anymore so support isn't good and that does mean a lot.

To be honest, if I was in the market for a powerful controller with its own software that's well supported I'd be looking at either the ET6 or ET7 from Puruvesi.
    Hand's up I've not tested them yet, so it's not a recommendation base don experience but soon will be doing. However, I have studied the hardware/software very closely because I am considering using them on the routers I build and it's very powerful combo that looks very well made. It also uses an "S" curve planner which I've used before on other more advanced controllers and they offer far smoother movement, esp on routers doing 3D type work.

https://shop.pv-automation.com/et6/1...onverters-none

Another good alternative is the Acorn but the software isn't ideally suited to routers, or it wasn't the last time I looked.

I also looked at the UB1, but thought it was way over priced for what it is :)

Hello Ericks, I could sell an csmio ip-s brand new in box. Regards, Gustave

hi ii have one now thank you

Thread Information