. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    if its ethernet, how can it be LPT??
    It talks ethernet to the PC, but instead of direct outputs like the CSMIO range, it has a set of 5 "parallel port" style output connectors. In fact, they are standard PC board headers and each needs to be connected (simply) to a terminal strip (or cheap BOB as the connectors carry the same signals as a parallel port) to give access to the connections or (much better) to a custom BOB which provides opto-isolation plus the potential for 24V signalling. There is a fancy BOB specifically designed to go with it that provides opto-isolated access to all its IO ports. Not sure if it can also handle differential signalling for connection to stepper drivers. The combination isn't cheap - the BOB costs as much as the controller board, I think, but the combination plus UCCNC is competitive with the IP-M if you also add in Mach3.

(edit - Gerry was quicker off the mark! UB1 - that's the board I was thinking of)
    Last edited by Neale; 03-01-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Its a 5LPT board with ethernet connection? So you would use 5 BOB's too get full functionality??

Just guessing, couldn't see a UB1 win the site ;)

Edit,
    typing at same time ;)

Makes sense now, I still prefer the CSMIO if not just for its "completeness" and rugged build.
    Last edited by Davek0974; 03-01-2018 at 04:42 PM.

"Full Functionality" would depend on the users needs. And there are 1 port, 2 port, and 3 port breakout boards. The UB1 uses 3 of the ports.
    http://www.cncroom.com/interface-cards/uc300eth-ub1

You don't need the 5LPT board with the UB1, so you save a few bucks there.

Makes sense now, I still prefer the CSMIO if not just for its "completeness" and rugged build.
    But it relies on flawed software, which is the main issue.
    Last edited by Ger21; 03-01-2018 at 05:34 PM.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post

But it relies on flawed software, which is the main issue.
    Yes its one drawback and i have worked around it, I guess i could ask CSLABS if they have done anything on it as the linked stuff was a while back, doubtful though which is a pity IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    I guess i could ask CSLABS if they have done anything on it
    About as likely as retrofitting the dual-motor support from the IP-S into the IP-M, more's the pity.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information