Hi

I would like to build a cnc machine that i can cut prototypes on that are around 500x400mm at there biggest size and will be made out of aluminium and also if possible i would like to might need to cut brass on it in the future.

I would like to spend as little as possible hopefully well under 1000 if possible.

Where do i go about starting?

Thanks for the help

Elliot

Start by multiplying your budget by at least 2. I think that's a more reasonable start but even that is optimistic.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 03-12-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 1,128. Received thanks 201 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    You could probably meet your budget if you only wanted light cutting in wood and plastic, but I would agree that (unless you have a private source of cheap hardware!) a machine to cut aluminium reliably would be 2K+ as a rough guide. It's a very approximate finger in the air, though, and while you might do better with very careful shopping around, a realistic budget from the start means that you are more likely to succeed.

Ok thanks all I think I will need to wait a while before i can gather enough funds for a machine able to cut aluminium.