. .
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    cheers ill keep looking out.

I've used aluminium warehouse a few times for various things always been spot on for me.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Well tried 3 different places including aluminium warehouse and asked for a quote for just the side gantry plates and all 3 have said they don't do a cutting service for that shape. how are you guys getting your plates cut and do you just drill your self?

4. Quote Originally Posted by reefy86 View Post
    Well tried 3 different places including aluminium warehouse and asked for a quote for just the side gantry plates and all 3 have said they don't do a cutting service for that shape. how are you guys getting your plates cut and do you just drill your self?
    This is how I did it?! Proceed with caution!!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...-dWEjqhAPJw0Bz

Thanks joe, i don't have half those tools to make it look neat lol, i look into it though

6. I got the router 2nd hand off eBay and started by making mdf templates and jigs. It's not very hard or expensive just takes a bit of time as you can only take 0.5mm passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar here, I used a sabre saw to rough cut the parts out of a large piece, then used a pin router with templates and finally a belt sander to smooth the edges.
    Slow but achievable.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 15-12-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I know i must be doing your lots head in asking all the time and i apologise for this, are the aluminium extrusions straight enough for the gantry beam rails? I am using resin for the steal beams along the x asis and if i was also using steel for the y axis gantry then i would use resin there too but what about the aluminium extrusions?

Easiest solution for your plates is to get a fellow member to make them for you on their router (This is what I did). In which case it's probably cheaper to find someone to make your plates and have them sent directly to them than send them to you and then on again.

If you design your plates so they only need to be milled on one side you will make the job a lot easier.

If you do make them yourself then make them from ply/mdf/wood first before you attempt to make them from aluminium, it's a good idea to prototype in wood first anyway I didn't and in the end I had to do some post processing work because of it. My Z axis plate was catching the BK fittings limiting my travel a simple mistake due to using wrong carriage model for my Hiwin's and making last minute changes before cutting without noticing the Z.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Don't want to be insulting to anyone regarding price but personally i think this is disgusting but then i am no expert on whats worth what when it comes to stuff like this. i have been quoted just under £2k just for 4 pieces and 2 of those pieces are only small plates for the rails

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-11.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	620.6 KB 
ID:	23427

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information