. .
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Rather than asking here for tapping size drills for each size, just google for "tapping size for metric threads" - there are plenty of tables of sizes around that will give you everything you need. The only thing to watch is that there are various pitches for each nominal diameter - hence metric coarse, metric fine, etc. Generally you find metric coarse (if you just ask for M4, M6, etc, that's what you will generally get), but you should be able to read the pitch off the tap to double-check.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't ask questions - just that there are easier ways to find some information for when you want the answer NOW and not when someone gets round to answering!

where do you guy's get your linear rails from? looking through the threads on here and people recommend aliexpress but the postage is more then the rail. Its 187 dollars for 3000mm 25mm hiwin rail and 206 dollars to post to uk 393 dollars total

3. Quote Originally Posted by reefy86 View Post
    where do you guy's get your linear rails from? looking through the threads on here and people recommend aliexpress but the postage is more then the rail. Its 187 dollars for 3000mm 25mm hiwin rail and 206 dollars to post to uk 393 dollars total
    Got mine from BST Automation on AliExpress and they come recommended. One carriage was dodgy so they sent a new one without any hassle. But the postage will be a lot I'm afraid. If you look at the cost of buying in the U.K. though, you will see why most buy direct from china!

When I looked around aliexpress was best value.. sometimes you can find a deal on ebay aswell! Have you checked the prices on uk sites? If you compare its much cheaper to pay £200 for shipping.
    I think I added about 30 to get everything shipped in a wood box to eliminate freight damages

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

zappautomation was my first choice but they are £300 each, i have found cnc4you at £160 each so not too bad and with aliexpress it would be nice if could or multiple and save on postage but postage seems to double

Hi Reefy,

I think that some traders on Aliexpress keep the price low and the postage high for two reasons 1 it keeps the customs declared value down, so you pay less import charges and VAT and 2 it keeps the refundable amount low if you return goods that are not faulty.

7. If you order screws, spindle, VFD etc. at the same time it will mean you only pay delivery once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI, thats how to rectify something, if you mess things up and weld too fast

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welding rectification.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	455.9 KB 
ID:	23387

I am joking, just tack all in place, rectify with a mallet and then weld. But things like that happen, when i am in a hurry.

you can evaluate the option of buying chinese Hiwin type rails. last time i had great success, But the key is to buy from somewhere you know its not crap, hence directly from the manufacturer. Problem is , i said it somewhere, in China they sale linear rails at every corner shop.

I bought 10m of MGN12 from this guys and they were TOP quality, hardened rails and the carriages were good and sliding well https://es.aliexpress.com/store/grou...66f4a665DnQrsc

All you risk is eventually changing the balls of a bearing block that does not slide well. But usually it will be because is just dirty.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    HI, thats how to rectify something, if you mess things up and weld too fast

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welding rectification.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	455.9 KB 
ID:	23387

I am joking, just tack all in place, rectify with a mallet and then weld. But things like that happen, when i am in a hurry.

you can evaluate the option of buying chinese Hiwin type rails. last time i had great success, But the key is to buy from somewhere you know its not crap, hence directly from the manufacturer. Problem is , i said it somewhere, in China they sale linear rails at every corner shop.

I bought 10m of MGN12 from this guys and they were TOP quality, hardened rails and the carriages were good and sliding well https://es.aliexpress.com/store/grou...66f4a665DnQrsc

All you risk is eventually changing the balls of a bearing block that does not slide well. But usually it will be because is just dirty.
    Haha hope it don't come to that lol. i'm pretty confident now after watching tons of video's but i am a sucker for getting inpatient and tend to automatically move a little faster now and again so i really need to keep that in check lol.
    Last edited by reefy86; 12-12-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Hi Reefy,

I think that some traders on Aliexpress keep the price low and the postage high for two reasons 1 it keeps the customs declared value down, so you pay less import charges and VAT and 2 it keeps the refundable amount low if you return goods that are not faulty.
    cheers makes sense

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information