. .
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    I have to say this, are you serious about building this cad model !! for a first build !!. because this style of gantry is going to be very difficult unless you have a lot of experience and good tooling to make it. I would take a step back and think what you are taking on.

Please don't be offended.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Im impressed, so I have to cheer you on :D

I know myself so I know I could never do this without access to a finished cnc router.

Take it slow, be super careful and think about where you need adjustment capability.

If you pull this off you can be mighty proud

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I have to say this, are you serious about building this cad model !! for a first build !!. because this style of gantry is going to be very difficult unless you have a lot of experience and good tooling to make it. I would take a step back and think what you are taking on.

Please don't be offended.
    No worries Clive if i get offended by someone being honest that easy then there is no way i can succeed lol. it is a big job but this is not something i am expecting to put together easy so i am preparing my self as i go along, i Don't have the necessary equipment like alot of you guys do so this is where i am putting alot of money into having the aluminium plates machined for me from nice guys who have the equipment to do it which i have had a few nice people offer their services :). i have not seen anyone do this but i don't see why it wont work but using the epoxy resin method that i shown will help have the 4 rails all lined up as long as i make room for adjustments on the gantry side plates and bearing plates then it should help getting the gantry square easier. Also i know there is the sandwich problem when having the z axis like i have but the way i have done it is so the 2 front rails and the front z axis support plate doesn't have to be connected to the rest of the z axis yet as long as its still on the same level as the 2 back rails hence the epoxy idea. now as long as i make room for adjustments and as long as i am careful and everything is aligned and straight as i can get it i will be relying on the aluminium plate edges to be machined flat so i can use those edges to help square up the z rails. Pretty much its going to cost me a lot of money just for these extra ideas where as you guys would get it done next to nothing because you have the skills and the equipment to do it :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Im impressed, so I have to cheer you on :D

I know myself so I know I could never do this without access to a finished cnc router.

Take it slow, be super careful and think about where you need adjustment capability.

If you pull this off you can be mighty proud

Thanks mate appreciate it

Ok, well you are braver than me. Have a read through this thread I think it is the only one with a Z axis like you are proposing http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/9369-...ain-MK4/page22

The tolerances have to be spot on when using Hi win rails as they will bind up.

Good luck with the build I am looking forward to it.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Ok, well you are braver than me. Have a read through this thread I think it is the only one with a Z axis like you are proposing http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/9369-...ain-MK4/page22

The tolerances have to be spot on when using Hi win rails as they will bind up.

Good luck with the build I am looking forward to it.
    thanks mate will keep everyone up to date, just need to finalise frame design so i can order the steel and crack on with it.

Hmm how about jonathans build with the red frame? Didnt that one have similar solutions?

:D

I think this could be a very serious challenge to put all together with the needed precision. This designs is not stronger than my design. Which is simpler. More rails and more head scratching.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I think this could be a very serious challenge to put all together with the needed precision. This designs is not stronger than my design. Which is simpler. More rails and more head scratching.
    Hi Boyan, I was trying to keep the z axis very strong using the box design so would you say a single beam is more then capable? or is there something else that you think is over complicated.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by reefy86 View Post
    Hi Boyan, I was trying to keep the z axis very strong using the box design so would you say a single beam is more then capable? or is there something else that you think is over complicated.

cheers
    I think you are from those type of people that will not listen to reason as you all ready have decided your way and you like challenges. This impression i have from the thread and our PM. So i don't want to discourage you, as if i say what i think and you listen to me, will have to start from scratch

Whatever way to do it will be possible if you are persistent and have enough time. So no worries, if this is what you feel is the way. For me this is a design for an experienced machinist who has a mill at home. What more to say.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread Information