. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The problem I have with Fusion 360 is that it's free, there is quite a steep learning curve on how to use it, when the day comes when it's not free I'd have wasted all that time and effort learning it and then I'm back to square one. Open source software is something I use as much as possible if it does the job but Fusion 360 is not open source.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thanks Eddy for ali your advice it's a good point

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Is there an echo in here? ;-)
    Threads merged.
    .Me

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Lives in Leicester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22-01-2018 Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 1.
    Hi Mike
    Hope your visit today was worthwhile for you and you can go forward with your 2 1/2 D engraving.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    The problem I have with Fusion 360 is that it's free, there is quite a steep learning curve on how to use it, when the day comes when it's not free I'd have wasted all that time and effort learning it and then I'm back to square one. Open source software is something I use as much as possible if it does the job but Fusion 360 is not open source.
    I wouldn't worry about that, I'd worry that the documentation isn't up to date with the development and that they break it, you get the broken version, and you have no control over their fix timetable, you got it free, what do you mean SLA? :-)
    Autodesk are one of the nastiest companies in CAD/CAM and actively buy up and integrate or kill anything that might threaten their margin, the sooner they go the way of Carillion the better.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information