. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello all,

Has anyone got a source for ballscrews? Not sure what's happened to Chai at linearmotionbearings on ebay but I can't find him.

I'm looking for a ballscrew setup either 2515, 2520 or 2525 of around 2.2m with BK supports but for some reason ebay isn't producing any useful results.

I've been away from the world of CNC for a few years and I've no idea who's supplying wha anymore. I know Zapp offer 2525 but that's unmachined and the other items required to complete the ballscrew seem really expensive.

Can someone offer me some pointers in this field please.

Cheers,

Paul

BST Automation seem pretty popular here although I haven't used them myself. Google them and you'll get to their Aliexpress store.

try ebay.com (USA) linearmotionbearings2008 it looks like they ship to UK
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thanks chaps,

not having much luck though... linearmotionbearings2008 seem to be for the US only as it shows nothing for him on the .co.uk domain so accessed via tor to ebay.com and had a look but sadly no 2525 ballscrews. I'm thinking rotating nut designs now on rm2510 which seems to be readily available but could do with finding someone setup to knock them out. any ideas anyone? Johnathan doesn't seem to be about anymore.

cheers

BST Automation list them and give prices in UK£. That's not the same as saying that they have them in stock, of course, and I know that their Aliexpress listing does not show everything. Generally seems best to send them a iist and ask for a quote.
    Last edited by Neale; 11-12-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulP View Post
    Thanks chaps,

not having much luck though... linearmotionbearings2008 seem to be for the US only as it shows nothing for him on the .co.uk domain so accessed via tor to ebay.com and had a look but sadly no 2525 ballscrews. I'm thinking rotating nut designs now on rm2510 which seems to be readily available but could do with finding someone setup to knock them out. any ideas anyone? Johnathan doesn't seem to be about anymore.

cheers
    Fair enough, they didn't have what you wanted but . . .

You certainly don't need tor, Firefox gets you there nicely, you can sign into ebay.com if you have a UK ebay account, linearmotionbearings2008 clearly show on the "shipping and payments" tab that they deliver to the UK. I've bought items from other ebay domains several times and provided the seller is fine with posting to the UK there is no problem, other than import duty obviously.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 11-12-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

It's just the same seller I linked to earlier

Howdy chaps,

yeah thanks for the links I managed to get to the link but for some reason when i was going to ebay.com it just kept taking me to the .co.uk domain, however if I went via a link to somewhere beyond ebay.com/something-else it went into the .com domain. Anyway not to worry I managed to get in and exchange a few short messages with Chai however he didn't have any 2525 ballscrew setups so am now looking at a smaller X axis of about 1600mm using 2510 ballscrews.

I did email Jonathan but I didn't hear anything back. I noticed he's not been around on here since august (i think) so not too sure what happened to him.

I can't do much with regards sorting this machine out until I can do physical work again, having a inguinal hernia op tomorrow so will spend some time redesigning the machine. If anyone knows someone on here who's knocking out rotating nut setups I'd be interested to get a price for 2 off using 2510 ballscrews.

Did you consider using rack and pinion instead ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information