. .
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    I'm new to the forum. I very much like the look of this design and would like to have a crack at building it. What is the protocol for asking for plans or preferably CAD files ?

Quote Originally Posted by cweeks View Post
    I'm new to the forum. I very much like the look of this design and would like to have a crack at building it. What is the protocol for asking for plans or preferably CAD files ?
    It looks like you have been a member for 9-10 years. It is best to start your own thread and ask the questions there.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi everyone, I've got a couple of small updates on the build. Firstly I have made a couple of mounts for the inductive limit sensors on the x axis. I was originally going to mount them under the gantry carriage plate between the ballscrew and the carriages, but I realised that there was no way I could adjust them in that position so I had to move them to the outer edge of the plate. On the top of the plate I fastened a 4 way connector to take the 2 signals back across the gantry and bring power to them via a 4 way CY cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly I have made a couple of mounts for the inductive limit sensors on the x axis.
    Had you thought about mounting them so that they can slide past the target rather than into it? You can also get away with one limit sensor and a fixed target at each end.
    ..Clive

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Had you thought about mounting them so that they can slide past the target rather than into it? You can also get away with one limit sensor and a fixed target at each end.
    Hi Clive, I'm probably missing something very simple, but I just can't visualise how you could only use one sensor to limit travel at either end of the x axis. I didn't mention this explicitly but I'm not having separate limit and home sensors, so I assume that's not possible with one sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by NFryer View Post
    Hi Clive, I'm probably missing something very simple, but I just can't visualise how you could only use one sensor to limit travel at either end of the x axis. I didn't mention this explicitly but I'm not having separate limit and home sensors, so I assume that's not possible with one sensor?

Ok imagine if you rotate the sensor by 90' and put a target at each end so that the sensor slide over it to trigger.

the target would not be a the complete end but a small distance from it to enable the gantry to travel to the end before it trips. This is done at both ends.

I believe Mach can use the sensor to home (then offset the home say 1mm) once homed Mach would then set it to be a limit switch. This way you would only need three sensors with three inputs. (not sure if you have a slaved axis ie two motors)

If you have two motors to slave you would need two home switches one for each side.
    Last edited by Clive S; 17-08-2018 at 01:03 PM.
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Ok imagine if you rotate the sensor by 90' and put a target at each end so that the sensor slide over it to trigger.

the target would not be a the complete end but a small distance from it to enable the gantry to travel to the end before it trips. This is done at both ends.

I believe Mach can use the sensor to home (then offset the home say 1mm) once homed Mach would then set it to be a limit switch. This way you would only need three sensors with three inputs. (not sure if you have a slaved axis ie two motors)

If you have two motors to slave you would need two home switches one for each side.
    Hi Clive, once you mentioned rotating the sensor by 90' I understood what you meant, it'a a nice simple way of using one sensor. Unfortunately I've already done the X axis sensors, so can't change them, but it's something to remember if I change the design once built or build another machine.

I've made a start on building the main frame for the router, and have made a couple of braces to fit between the middle pair of legs. A while back I built an angle cutting sled for my circular saw table which I used to cut the angles on the end of the aluminium extrusions. I also made a couple of simple plates to bolt the braces to the legs.

Very sexy! :D

Keep up the awesome work!

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Nice,like a tank!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information