. .
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Hello Freyer

i am new here and i saw your design and my question is about the x axle moving by two ball bearing and one motor joined together.
    does this work ?

grt Frank

Quote Originally Posted by fgfreek32 View Post
    Hello Freyer

i am new here and i saw your design and my question is about the x axle moving by two ball bearing and one motor joined together.
    does this work ?

grt Frank
    Hi Frank, you can use a single motor and a long belt to connect the two x axis ballscrews together, check out the build log of Joe Harris, he did it that way. I decided on using two separate motors to drive the x axis ballscrews. Either way works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. thanks for the reply,will look at the log

grt frank

Hi everyone, I've got a couple of updates on my router build. The main frame is completely finished, with the addition of an extra extrusion on the bottom to make a control box mount. I've just got to have a move around on the garage to get it into its final resting place. For the control box mount I've also made a couple of simple plates which bolt to the 2 extrusions and have an anti vibration mount on them. To finish this off I just have to make a couple of top mounts. I've also made a couple of mounts to fasten the x axis drag chain channel to the main frame.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NFryer For This Useful Post:

Just a little follow up to my last post, I've fastened a couple of aluminium pieces to the underside of the control box and I have made a couple of top mounts for it as well.

I've also made a good start on the control panel which goes in the control box, most of the power wiring is complete. I think this is turning into a small project all of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by NFryer View Post
    Just a little follow up to my last post, I've fastened a couple of aluminium pieces to the underside of the control box and I have made a couple of top mounts for it as well.

I've also made a good start on the control panel which goes in the control box, most of the power wiring is complete. I think this is turning into a small project all of its own.

Looking great Nick 👍
    I seem to remember my control box taking much longer than expected too !
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

A massive well done on the build! I was on the point of giving up on my build due to lack of tools to finish the job properly, but this thread has given me new inspiration! Can't wait to see videos of yours running! Keep up the good work!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information