Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
If what your saying is you'll lose 3mm. Ie: lets say pulley boss is 30mm wide and your 27mm into it then yes that will be perfectly fine.
Can get away with 3/4 into the the pulley width any less and your pushing it.
Hi Jazz, reading a few of the forum threads, I think most people use the 5mm pitch HTD pulleys with 15mm wide belts. Is there a certain number of teeth engaged with the pulley for best torque transfer, as I was looking at maybe the 20 tooth pulley, which is 26mm wide. The motor shaft with give me about 20mm so this should be ok I think. On the ballscrew shafts do you file flats onto the end to give the grub screws a better bite on it?

As for the ATC spindle my take on this is that I would need the ATC spindle, some form of linear or round tool holder, a compressor as I think that the tools are held in the spindle with pneumatics. How do the tool changes work, are they programmed into the G code that Mach 3 processes. I Have seen that each tool on a linear tool holder has a seperate set of coordinates and the tool height is reset each time and with the circular holders you need to rotate the holder to select tools, how is this programmed in. It all seems a bit complicated to me.