. .

Thread: Spindle motor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Phill,
    Thank you so much for the links, I have just ordered the parts. Looks so compacted.

Is it loud when it's running with no load or just loud when cutting?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Is it loud when it's running with no load or just loud when cutting?
    Very loud at any speed with no load

Quote Originally Posted by Lodds View Post
    Very loud at any speed with no load
    Just checking, in that case replacing it with a water cooled spindle will definitely be an improvement,
    Regards,
    Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

The water cooled Chinese spindle motor is way quieter than a router, however, there will always be some noise from the cutter as they spin very fast compared to a milling machine. Overall though it is much quieter.

Good sticky link here:
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/5814-...nd-Advice-More
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

What kind of tubing are you guys using when connecting to pc cooling equipment?
    Usually in pc modding its seethrough stuff with maybe colored coolant/water?
    I have thought about going this way but Im a bit worried about algae and general biological growth.. but I might be an idiot because its a closed system?

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    What kind of tubing are you guys using when connecting to pc cooling equipment?
    Usually in pc modding its seethrough stuff with maybe colored coolant/water?
    I have thought about going this way but Im a bit worried about algae and general biological growth.. but I might be an idiot because its a closed system?

I run mine with water from the dehumidifier and some antifreeze, I have not noticed any growth in it.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I run mine with water from the dehumidifier and some antifreeze, I have not noticed any growth in it.
    Cheers mate!
    Standard clear tubing? Pp or pe maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Cheers mate!
    Standard clear tubing? Pp or pe maybe?

Standard clear tubing. The cheapest. No problem after a couple of years. And i really like using Pink liquid, so i see what happens. On my second machine i overdid it and ordered PU tubing from china. But there was no actual need in fact. The only difference was that the clear tubing around me is strange 5, 7mm and all connectors are 6, 8, 10mm. So as i wanted to do it more professionally looking with quick connectors, that was the only reason to use PU tubing. It cost very cheap from China.

By the way i use quick connectors on the spindle side too.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Standard clear tubing. The cheapest. No problem after a couple of years. And i really like using Pink liquid, so i see what happens. On my second machine i overdid it and ordered PU tubing from china. But there was no actual need in fact. The only difference was that the clear tubing around me is strange 5, 7mm and all connectors are 6, 8, 10mm. So as i wanted to do it more professionally looking with quick connectors, that was the only reason to use PU tubing. It cost very cheap from China.

By the way i use quick connectors on the spindle side too.
    Thank you!
    Im looking for quick connectors aswell but there seems to be some special threading in the spindle. Maybe m8x1.. have to buy a bolt and test before I order anything :)
    If going with pc cooling stuff there seems to be alot of parts using od/id 10/8 tubing.
    If getting quick connectors with the same size I dont have to worry about reducers.. ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information