. .

Thread: Spindle motor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am new to CNC (wood) and have recently built an OpenBuild C-Beam machine.

The C-Beam uses a Dewalt 26200 router, this Dewalt router is exceptionally loud, with an ear piercing sound.

Looking for advice on a quieter motor that can replace the Dewalt.

Tony

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodds View Post
    I am new to CNC (wood) and have recently built an OpenBuild C-Beam machine.

The C-Beam uses a Dewalt 26200 router, this Dewalt router is exceptionally loud, with an ear piercing sound.

Looking for advice on a quieter motor that can replace the Dewalt.

Tony
    This sort of spindle is used a lot on here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/18180651404...7250873&crdt=0 They are very quiet and are available in different power versions.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thanks Clive,

Did see those but the water-cooling turned me off. don't see how I could accommodate all the pipework water butt and pump within my limited space.

Any thoughts on this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019RA6S...detail_5?psc=1

Seems to be the same sort of thing but without the water. It doesn't have the speed regulator which is a shame.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'd be dubious about air being enough to cool that style of spindle.

The problem with air cooling, is it's the air cooling that makes most of the noise. If you get watercooled, then they are far quieter, and you don't actually need that big a water cooling system. Using a big bucket of water is an easy option, but you could create a far more compact system using a small cooler.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'd be dubious about air being enough to cool that style of spindle.

The problem with air cooling, is it's the air cooling that makes most of the noise. If you get watercooled, then they are far quieter, and you don't actually need that big a water cooling system. Using a big bucket of water is an easy option, but you could create a far more compact system using a small cooler.
    Yes I have heard they are quieter. think it will be the water cooled option I might go for. I have seen that some people use a PC cooling system as opposed to long pipe lengths and water butts or buckets.

Are the inverters difficult to wire, i have heard that they come with little or no documentation?

Lives in Derbyshire  UK, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 295. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 13 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodds View Post
    Thanks Clive,

Did see those but the water-cooling turned me off. don't see how I could accommodate all the pipework water butt and pump within my limited space.
    You don't need much space, all you need is a small pond pump, a small computer radiator, and away you go, best thing is it's so quite you could take a phone call at the same time you are cutting.

Plus it don't wake the wife.

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    You don't need much space, all you need is a small pond pump, a small computer radiator, and away you go, best thing is it's so quite you could take a phone call at the same time you are cutting.

Plus it don't wake the wife.

Phill
    Sounds so good Phill. As I said the Dewalt screams, even with ear protectors on it is unbearable. I have to do something about it.

If you are using a pond pump I assume you would have a bucket of water somewhere? I would be interested in know what PC Rad you are using with a pond pump. I'm having difficulty reconciling the size of the pond pump outlets to the inlets of a PC Rad.

Lives in Derbyshire  UK, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 295. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 13 times.
    No bucket you have a small tank on the pump and the rad it's a sealed system, my 3kw spindle never gets warm.
    I'll have a look where I got mine and get back to you.
    As regards the " inverters difficult to wire" the manuals take some understanding but you can always ask on here if your not sure.

Phill

10. The Following User Says Thank You to phill05 For This Useful Post:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to phill05 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information