. .
    I'm very new here and I have a very small router ready for the electrical part of the build process to begin.I have used a number of industrial CNC routers which all used proximity sensors for determining the home position of the axes.They seem to be fairly inexpensive items and I have seen how consistent they can be.What does it take to connect them to a breakout board and would I have to create a homing routine for use with LinuxCNC? Come to that,should I ask the question on that Forum?

I used those type for home position, the drawing shows how they were connected.
    3 wire type working from 24v DC

This is the mounting arrangement, you want the striker to move past them, not up against them.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/6565-...6428#post56428
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rev9.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	23433  
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by routerdriver View Post
    I'm very new here and I have a very small router ready for the electrical part of the build process to begin.I have used a number of industrial CNC routers which all used proximity sensors for determining the home position of the axes.They seem to be fairly inexpensive items and I have seen how consistent they can be.What does it take to connect them to a breakout board and would I have to create a homing routine for use with LinuxCNC? Come to that,should I ask the question on that Forum?
    Hi and welcome to the forum it depends on how you are going to connect to Linuxcnc ie. via a PP or with a 5i25 and 7176 bob but those sensors are very popular if going with the 7i76 bob then pnp type are the best but npn type are still ok but need pull up;s
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

This is clearly a forum populated by knowledgeable people and I thank you for your helpful advice.I clearly have some homework to do regarding the hardware and I may well be seeking further guidance before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by routerdriver View Post
    This is clearly a forum populated by knowledgeable people and I thank you for your helpful advice.I clearly have some homework to do regarding the hardware and I may well be seeking further guidance before too long.
    No prob. start here http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/ge...-linuxcnc.html latest version is 2.7.11

If you need to home a router with twin screws and two motors on one axis then you will need the version 2.8 master but that is not main stream yet but will work well. This would allow you to home the two motors independently.

If you have two screws and one motor then go for 2.7.11
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information