. .
    Hi all

I'm just starting out on my path to being a CNC noob and wondered where people get their tooling from and what tooling they recommend to start out with. I have a Sieg X2 and intend to cut Delrin and Acetal so am thinking that 2 flute un coated carbide would be good; I just need to know where the cheapest place to get them is so that I can destroy a few without cringing too much.

I also I want a 3 jaw self centering lathe chuck with soft jaws and wondered where the best place to get them from is.

Cheers

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I use APT for common stuff - https://www.shop-apt.co.uk/

Although if you want anything delivered before Christmas, you'll need to order before 12 tomorrow, as they shut until the 3rd.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

I use these for most jobs; https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Pow...er+Bits/sd2579
    It's best to use a lead-in move with these because they are not ideal for vertical plunging, the carbide cutting edges do not meet in the middle on the end.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 20-12-2017 at 11:52 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

China. Banggood.

They have the basic stuff at unbeatable prices. And what was not valid a couple of years ago, now is: they are top notch.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Thread Information