. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forget about that spindle displaying RPM. Why would you need that?

You will need only to fine tune the input voltage and the voltage adjustment in the VFD , so your spindle to run correctly at 3000, 6000, 10000, 12000, 16000, 18000, 24000 rpm, Once you have done that more or less, as its always a compromise, then you are done. When all is controlled from software and runs well, why would you need spindle to display RPM?

I was like you at the start, but in reality it could be 3 years before you look at the VFD if all is running as expected...
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Boyan, I have to disagree to an extent.
    If the facility to display RPM is there and it's easy to achieve then why not use it ? I use the RPM display every time on my machine.
    Most inverter related problems on the forum are due to untrained people trying to use them.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

A lot of problems on the forum are RTFM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    A lot of problems on the forum are RTFM.
    Do you know how bad is to be a perfectionist and not understand anything from VFD manual?

I remember first time reading VFD manual , something like 300 pages. My brain burned trying to understand what they are talking about and especially not to make a costly mistake and some magic smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Do you know how bad is to be a perfectionist and not understand anything from VFD manual?
    I wouldn't know that, I am not a perfectionist. If you want to know how it is to not understand anything from a manual try Macro Level CICS from IBM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    ... My brain burned trying to understand...
    Hahaha!
    I know what you are talking about!
    This is a constant for me when reading chinglish ;)

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Chinglish is great, my linked in is mostly Chinese contacts and everyone is called Kate or Bob lol ;)
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    I managed to understand enough of the manual that I was able to correct the initial programming of my HY inverter so that it showed the correct speed. As delivered, it worked fine but the speed readout was half what it should have been (based on the frequency display). Eventually I changed the "motor poles" setting which seems to have absolutely no effect on motor or speed but does correct the internal frequency-to-speed calculation so that the display is correct.

I used to use the display all the time on my Mk1 router which used manual inverter control, but since I installed it on the Mk2 with Mach3 control I barely look at it. I glance occasionally, but only when I'm wondering what the error between Mach3 and the actual speed is. Generally it runs a few per cent faster than commanded, but given that there is a digital-to-analogue and analogue-to-digital conversion going on there, that's not at all bad. And if a few per cent faster is the difference between something working and something not working, then I'm too near the limit anyway
    Last edited by Neale; 31-12-2017 at 01:05 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

Neale, provided the vfd does not use a sensorless vector control algorithm I think you are correct in assuming that motor poles will affect the speed reading only.
    Also we are still waiting for feedback from Lodds about his new parameter settings.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 31-12-2017 at 02:34 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

In reality i will be more interested to see tha Amps in real time, not the Revs. but anyway i barely ever look at it. Only if something does not sound right i check with a glance the speed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information