. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Tony Just because it is running at full pelt does not mean it is correct! So I would go through the setting carefully to make sure they are correct. It is impossible to help with the parameters without knowing what you have set them to.

You don't want a repeat of what happened before
    Hi Clive

Thanks again. I set the parameters as before using the same document I posted here in a previous post. I had also been in contact with the supplier. I have viewed a number of different YouTube videos some I thought were conflicting information.

My current position is that I have the spindle up and running and fixed to 12000 RPM, seems this speed is okay for most cutters?

I now know how to change the speed by setting the Hz. I have seen that some of you have fitted a Pod. Think I'll steer away from that for the moment, else I know what my next post will be on here.

So long story short I now have it working.

I have to install some sort of cooling setup, pump ordered just got to wait for it to arrive. In the mean time I use it for ruining perfectly good pieces of timber.

Thanks for all your help.

Tony

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    My current position is that I have the spindle up and running and fixed to 12000 RPM, seems this speed is okay for most cutters?

I now know how to change the speed by setting the Hz. I have seen that some of you have fitted a Pod. Think I'll steer away from that for the moment, else I know what my next post will be on here.
    Ok fitting a pot is very simple See this post #1 http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7388-...hlight=fitting

Re the speed fixed to 12K what hz does it show as you might not have the motor poles set right it is either two or four I think it is pd143 set it to two

also as Eddy has pointed out pd14 ad pd15 need to be set to about 5 seconds
    Last edited by Clive S; 01-01-2018 at 05:25 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Ok fitting a pot is very simple See this post #1 http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7388-...hlight=fitting

Re the speed fixed to 12K what hz does it show as you might not have the motor poles set right it is either two or four I think it is pd143 set it to two

also as Eddy has pointed out pd14 ad pd15 need to be set to about 5 seconds
    200Hz is what the spindle reads at 12k.

I have made the changes you suggested in your post.

Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information