. .
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    A very Merry Christmas to my new family, yep! you lot are that close to me. I joined this site this year and already its my favourite. Its the first one I visit when I switch on my laptop. Looking forward to all the changes Lee has proposed, and hoping to get chipping in 2013.

Also prays go out to Irving and hope 2013 gets him up and running again.

Today's the day you have an excuse to eat loads and drink loads.

So Cheers Adil

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Iwant1 For This Useful Post:

Merry Christmas to everyone and especially the guys who run this forum, those who have helped me with my machine and especially Irving.

I also hope everyone has a good New Year creating things on their CNC machines...may your gantries never flex and your tools never chatter.

Off to cook the dinner now in an imitation of the late Keith Floyd...

Cheers

Chris

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Washout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    ...may your gantries never flex and your tools never chatter.
    Aaaaaw, that's such a nice thought!

Seasons Greetings everyone.... And take it easy on the sprouts ;-)

Cheers,
    Andy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WandrinAndy For This Useful Post:

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Oooo now there's a challenge!, ill start the ball rolling...

Should be a desktop unit, you walk up, place your nut, press the button, nut exposed.

Who's Next:
    It will need:

1- Carbon fibre
    2- A truss
    3- Lashings of epoxy

Sounds like a good mycncuk challenge for xmas 2013 project threads, who can build the best nutcracker?

Merry christmas one and all, why aren't you all too drunk to type yet?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to D.C. For This Useful Post:

Surely a decent wall and miniature trebuchet milled from aluminium would do the trick? ;-)

I spent all Christmas day making helical splines. After about 6 attempts I finally got one that was only slightly stiff to start with and bedded smooth in short order. This is printed in ABS with a 0.15mm (0.006") layer thickness.

I am having so much fun making things I would never have thought possible I am wondering if this 3D printer might actually be better than sex.

OTOH my memory of sex has faded over the years so I could be wrong
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spline.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	7752  

Lives in Nottingham(ish), United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-03-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 55. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 2 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    I am having so much fun making things I would never have thought possible I am wondering if this 3D printer might actually be better than sex.

OTOH my memory of sex has faded over the years so I could be wrong
    Although I doubt you'll ever see one on Thingiverse, I'm fairly sure that a good few BBC's have been created !

I've decided to get a RepRap kit. If I ever manage to get it working then I'll upgrade to a Form1 if/when they hit the market. I have nephew I can offload the RepRap onto, he's only 8 but already beats me on the Teknologie side of life.

Could I make a long lasting nut cracker on one I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I've decided to get a RepRap kit. If I ever manage to get it working then I'll upgrade to a Form1 if/when they hit the market.
    It is popular so the support should be good. Seeing as how you are on this here site I reckon you wouldn't find it hard to improve on the design

Does it have a heated bed? I'm thinking of lagging the bottom of my bed to stop it dumping too much precious heat before it can get to the edges.

Just a quicky to say Merry Christmas and a happy cnc'ing new year to you all!

Only 2 more sleeps and santa will have been...woop woop lol

.Me
    .Me

And a merry Christmas to all too!

Thanks to every one for all the time help and patience this year on geting me from a pile of bits to a almost fully working machine. I promise to be less of a pain in the ass next year. I hope every one has a great day tomorrow and gets a few toys for the work shop too.

seasons greetings

charlie

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information