. .
    Hi

still learning Fusion here, long way to go :)

I have two tool paths on a part, simple 2d pockets for a mill.

Both have helix ramps, one works fine - the tool helix's down and then starts the cut, the other helix's down then retracts, lowers and starts the cut??

I can't seem to find out why one retracts after the helix - sort of makes it a bit pointless?

Any ideas?

Dave
    Is the problem hole much smaller in diameter with not much left to cut after the spiral down? Wonder if the tool does not fit when any remaining stock parameters are considered. When the tool retracts does it go to the middle of the hole before plunging ?
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

You will have to forgive my ignorance, but does Fusion do CAM ? This is similar behaviour I get with EstlCam generated code. I also get some holes drilled with a proper peck and some holes drilled by peck and full retraction.

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Dave
    Is the problem hole much smaller in diameter with not much left to cut after the spiral down? Wonder if the tool does not fit when any remaining stock parameters are considered. When the tool retracts does it go to the middle of the hole before plunging ?
    Don't think so, tool is 8mm, hole one is 50mm round and ok, hole two is 50x40mm and is odd.

The tool seems to spiral down, retract and drop back down, only z axis moves.

Edit...

I just removed "multiple depths" so it now spirals all the way down, full vertical retract and drop then cuts!
    Last edited by Davek0974; 06-01-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    You will have to forgive my ignorance, but does Fusion do CAM ? This is similar behaviour I get with EstlCam generated code. I also get some holes drilled with a proper peck and some holes drilled by peck and full retraction.

Hi yes it does, Fusion is pretty much the only app needed for large amount of work, it can even be tweaked for plasma etc now. I can cam better on Fusion than i can on SheetCam now, much more flexible.

Thread Information