. .
    Hi Guys

I do not know if the standard mach3 fusion post will work for the 8 station ATC Denford Triac or if it will need editing, and if so how.

Many thanks

Steve

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Try running it and see.

Although a basic Fanuc 0M post processor may be more suitable, and there are a couple Denford post processors in the autodesk library at http://cam.autodesk.com/posts/
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Try running it and see.

Although a basic Fanuc 0M post processor may be more suitable, and there are a couple Denford post processors in the autodesk library at http://cam.autodesk.com/posts/
    Thank you m_c

Happy Christmas to you.. I will try when I get that far I am hopeless with fusion never got any gcode from it yet!!
    I have just been trying and again it comes up with the msg in the image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fusion issue nuber !!!.png 
Views:	290 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	23480

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    That's normally because you're using an unsuitable tool type (i.e. a drill, and not an endmill), a toll with too big a diameter, and/or the toolpath settings aren't letting it run at tight enough of an arc to fit in the hole.

You might want to have a look at this video for various ways to bore a hole - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKbEzSleF14
    (NYCNC vids are usually pretty good, and their Fusion Friday videos have a good few tips in them)

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    That's normally because you're using an unsuitable tool type (i.e. a drill, and not an endmill), a toll with too big a diameter, and/or the toolpath settings aren't letting it run at tight enough of an arc to fit in the hole.

You might want to have a look at this video for various ways to bore a hole - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKbEzSleF14
    (NYCNC vids are usually pretty good, and their Fusion Friday videos have a good few tips in them)
    Morning m_c

Tar very much for the help. Yes I like the videos that mycnc John does, learnt good bits from him. In fusion I was just trying to drill 2 3.5mm holes I selected a 3.5mm twist drill. I will have to go back over fusion videos again beacuse no matter how simple the thing I try to do fusion says no!
    Thanks again

If you're trying to drill the holes, then you need to use the drilling option.

Bore is essentially a variation of a 2D pocket, and uses milling cutters to helix/spiral into holes.

Thanks I thought bore was for boring holes! Really appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by suesi34e View Post
    Thanks I thought bore was for boring holes! Really appreciate the help.
    As mc says it is for making holes but they are interpolated holes. So you can use a 6 mm end mill to bore a 6.8 mm hole ready for an M8 tap etc
    Don't need a 6.8 mm drill etc
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Thank you mate appreciate the help. All the best for 2018

Thread Information