. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hello every one, I am about to convert my Beaver(yes, its a nice one and I hope I dont stuff it).
    Just like to say I have done the usual months of reading posts and in the end I have thought bugger it I am gonna do it.

I got 2 AB servos at a sale but I dont know if they work and they dont have drivers so I bit the bullet and ordered from China.

I have ordered two 750w what servos after reading what Jazz and Dave were talking about on the Bridgeport conversion.

Now I am wondering which controller and whether to use Linuxcnc or mach. Looks like I am gonna spend some hours here.

Happy New Year to Everyone.

Hi, its a fun project for sure :)

If you have the funds, I would recommend the CSMIO range - top quality and more I/O than any build will need, I've added bells and whistles to my BP and still have spare I/O ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Hi, its a fun project for sure :)

If you have the funds, I would recommend the CSMIO range - top quality and more I/O than any build will need, I've added bells and whistles to my BP and still have spare I/O ;)
    Hey up Dave

Thanks for you advice.
    It seems too expensive , but I have looked and looked again and I know your right, but i keep thinking the money I save will pay for a Z axis servo.

I was also looking at the Masso ,Cmsio and the chinese XHC MKX-IV axis.
    But I am like a kid with a tanner in my palms and the old woman saying well choose some sweets but not the ones you want , only those you can afford.
    Its looking like I will have to get another tanner and turn it into a bob(shilling, not break out board).

Its a tough decision is this one.

Servos came today. I paid for them on 28 December. That is amazing service. They were sent from china bought from fasttobuy on ebay.
    Going to have to make up my mind on the controller soon.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukmxer View Post
    Servos came today. I paid for them on 28 December. That is amazing service. They were sent from china bought from fasttobuy on ebay.
    Going to have to make up my mind on the controller soon.
    Its the cables I believe that are expensive if you don't get the servo and driver with cables as one unit.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hey up Clive, I have got the cables with the motors and controllers. The ones with a round plug on one end and D on the other.
    Are those the ones you mean?

Just trying to understand the chinglish manual, it's not going to be easy(LOL).

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukmxer View Post
    Hey up Clive, I have got the cables with the motors and controllers. The ones with a round plug on one end and D on the other.
    Are those the ones you mean?

Just trying to understand the chinglish manual, it's not going to be easy(LOL).
    Ah! In post #1 you said you have two AB servos without the drivers
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Oh yes I have those two but I got no wiring or controllers with them, so they are on the shelf in the workshop.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171230_141754.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	23538 this is a picture of the label.

I bit the bullet and got the CSMIO/IP-M. Now it is time for my journey to begin.
    I have no experience in machine building, so I look forward to learning something new.

Could someone please tell me if I put 2500 in as my encoder steps per or 10000(quad) in mach motor tuning.
    This is from the manual for my servo :-
    The encoder feedback 2500p/r,15 line increment model, differential output
    I have it running step/dir through the csmio ip/m . The servo model 90ST-M02430.
    Last edited by ukmxer; 10-02-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information