Morning guys,

I need some advice on making a spoil board, When I first got the CNC Router (4ft x 4ft) in work I was using 3 clamps (tee bolts) to hold both the spoil board and the board I was cutting out of (Both made of MDF) - The problem I kept running into was that the clamps would slip off during the cutting and either ruin all the signs due to the board moving all over or just the last 2 when it slipped off.

Due to the spoil board being MDF - This is not the best wood to use for a spoil board? I'd love to attach it to the bed but I'm having problems when trying to counter sink the holes (The wood is too soft and will just split away)

I got some little Tee slot bolts and washers - which worked until I tried to put my cutting board on top and screwed it in - at this point the tee bolts came lose and I had to wrestle with it all to get it off the bed.

so I guess whats I'm asking is;

Is MDF suitable for a spoil board?
Whats the best way to attach a spoil board?
Is it best to try and cut the spoil board with the actual CNC? - As my bed is only 4ft x 4ft - I need to use all the wood for the length of the signs I'm cutting - also my cnc spindle has a dead zone on the left hand side of 20cm...

Sorry if this is a ramble but I'm really new to this kinda of thing.

TIA

Josh