. .

Thread: G'Day!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm Kit, British by birth but living in Australia since 2004. After getting into stepper motors etc. from making camera motion control equipment for some DIY timelapse and animated film making, I decided to put the knowledge to use and build a CNC router for making other bits and pieces.
    No longer making films but am now making wooden clocks after accidental discovering the wonderful 'Gearotic 2' software by Art Fenerty.

Currently working on another upgrade of the machine I found MYCNCUK by accident after a search threw up a link to an old but extremely valuable thread on stepper motors from 2008.

Kit

Hi Kit,
    Good to see you in this forum. Any questions, and the knowledgeable guys here are very helpful. We also welcome pictures of your creations.
    Best wishes.
    Edward

Thanks Edward. I think we need to persuade D1 to show his face on here. See how long a thread of useful information and general banter we can stretch out of him.
    This is definitely the high-tech forum compared to some, and based in the old country as well. I've already asked Fred for a quote for a set of 1610 ballscrews with combined delivery, but his online prices look very acceptable.
    I'm not sure I should post any pictures of my current efforts on here among such hallowed experts. Then again a thread on 'How NOT To Build a CNC Router' might help a few other beginners.

Kit

Thread Information