. .
    Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Hi folks,

I think I may have fried the bank of input pins on my BOB - it's one of the cheap Wantai boards that you get free when buying a set of drivers. I've found it to be a decent card and as such would like to replace it like for like.

Having said that, it's a long shot that there's one available, so hit me up with what you've got in the way of simple parallel port, 3-axis, 12v boards...

Wal.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I have this BOB
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-axis-CN...4AAOSwQXZZzVWP

works fine and supports the same functions as the one you have, the USB is only to power the board with 5v.

UK seller so will be with you Tuesday, Wednesday do what I did and buy 2 as they are cheap as chips.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Having said that, it's a long shot that there's one available, so hit me up with what you've got in the way of simple parallel port, 3-axis, 12v boards...
    Are you sure it is 12V !! and not 5V
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Are you sure it is 12V !! and not 5V
    Hehe. Yep, you're right, Clive..!

(It's my switches that are running off 12v.)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

the BOB requires a 5V supply if you fit jumpers JN1 & JN2
    or two 5V DC supplies if jumpers JN1 & JN2 are not fitted

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebay opto-isolated CNC BOB  .jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	23551

the circuit diagram is based on photos taken from the net !!

John

PS
    I assume the limit switches have NPN open collector outputs

with just the 5V power connected to the BOB you should have close to 5V
    between the opto-isolator IC pins 3 & 4

when you connect the opto-isolator pin2 to the input ground with a wire link the voltage across pins 3 & 4 should drop to close to zero volts (0 to 0.7v)

it should be easy to change and damaged "817" opto-isolators

PPS

simple tester for similar BOB inputs

Name:	BOB input  tester & partial TX14175 circuit.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	365.4 KB 
ID:	23552

TX14175 circuit

Name:	TX14175 circuit.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	283.6 KB 
ID:	23553
    Last edited by john swift; 07-01-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: add ref to testing BOB input plus input tester

Cheers guys.

Panic over for now - turns out it was my brain cells that were fried and not the input pins. The switch was behaving differently to how I expected it to - rather than take a closer look at what the switch was doing, I began a campaign of button mashing which lasted well into the night - not a great idea after a full day of assembling the bugger..!

A clearer head this morning, a quick chat with Clive and a better look at what my switches were up to yielded better results..! (Oh, and restoring my back up .ini)

Should have it up and running in the next few days.

Wal.

no damage done and now working
    a good result

if you go on too long without a break its too easy to make the wrong decision and dig your self into a deeper hole

I know I have done it my self once or twice

John
    Last edited by john swift; 08-01-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I know I have done it my self once or twice
    Only once or twice, I must have done hundreds of times
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi Clive

that was once or twice that could not be fixed before management noticed and started to ask questions !!!!

the others no body new about are just part of the iterative process

John

Thread Information