. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in Oxford, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 24-05-2018 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 7.
    Hello all,

I’m offering for a very reluctant sale my CNC router which was custom built for me a little over 1 year ago by Dean Armstrong (@JazzCNC) who will no doubt be known to many of you on the forum. He is something of an industry standard in terms of the quality and capabilities of his machines and I’m sure there are long list of people here who will write glowing testimonials of the kit he produces. There is a genuine reason for the sale with a house move to suit a new job in central London meaning I will no longer have the workshop space I need to home it. In the year that I have had it, it has mainly been used to make control panels for flight simulators (out of plastic) and also a small amount of engraving work in wood. As such, work load has been very light duty and it has probably had less than 50 hours of total spindle time. It very much looks like new.

As a general overview this is a very solid and capable machine and I have only scraped the surface of its full capabilities. I work within the Formula 1 industry and I can honestly say that this is at least as capable (and more so in some respects) than some of the other 3-axis machines we use in our aero modelshop. In short, it is very high-end. It has been built with the very best individual components and I have added to it myself in terms of a very solid and sturdy Minitec frame which itself cost over £500 in materials.

More detail specs as follows:

640mm X-Travel
    1050mm Y-Travel
    160mm Z-Travel
    Double supported X, Y and Z Axis
    Genuine Hiwin Linear Bearings
    Class 5 Rolled Ball Screws
    2.2kW Water Cooled Spindle
    Leadshine Drive Cards
    Zapp Automation Motors
    All electronics housed in a custom cabinet with cooling
    Tool Probe for auto tool z height setting
    Local Jog and Shuttle controls on the machine itself including adjustable step control
    E-Stop button
    Limit switches on all axis

I will also include

PC, Monitor, Mouse and Control Software
    Full Set of Collets (20 in total 1mm to 12mm)
    Over 60 mill bits of various diameters, coatings and specifications including both standard end mill and ball nose (these are mainly ex F1 tool bits so of a very high quality)
    A good selection of sheet material, mainly 1.5mm 6086 sheet aluminium.
    Inserted Spoiler Board
    Correct sized spanners for the spindle

This really is a very high quality machine which I have had absolutely zero issues with. It can be seen working in my workshop close to Abingdon, in Oxfordshire. I can show people how to get it up and running but you will obviously need software to generate G-Code (plenty available online and recommended on this forum) I am having trouble adding photos but will put some up shortly or can email as required.

I am looking for around £4.5k but will take a sensible offer if you come and collect.

Someone is going to be very lucky to have this, she really is a beaut!

Thanks,
    Sy
    Last edited by f1sy; 14-01-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Lives in Oxford, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 24-05-2018 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 7.
    All,

Some pictures as promised.

Sorry for the delay!

Thanks,
    Sy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic4.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	23597

Name:	pic5.jpg 
Views:	716 
Size:	349.2 KB 
ID:	23598

Name:	pic8.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	23599

Name:	pic9.jpg 
Views:	605 
Size:	293.0 KB 
ID:	23600

Name:	IMG_2173.JPG 
Views:	609 
Size:	636.8 KB 
ID:	23601

Name:	IMG_2171.JPG 
Views:	566 
Size:	802.5 KB 
ID:	23602

Name:	IMG_2172.JPG 
Views:	533 
Size:	694.1 KB 
ID:	23603

Name:	IMG_2174.JPG 
Views:	524 
Size:	642.5 KB 
ID:	23604

Name:	IMG_2175.JPG 
Views:	518 
Size:	459.0 KB 
ID:	23605

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I have seen this machine and I can vouch this is a beautiful machine as I have seen it in the flesh. who ever gets it is very lucky.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi Sy,

Not sure how to send you a private message via the forums but if the machine is still available could you please send me a quick message with your contact details.

Thanks, Nathan
    Last edited by Nathan; 01-02-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Hi Sy,

Not sure how to send you a private message via the forums but if the machine is still available could you please send me a quick email with your contact details - [email protected]

Thanks, Nathan
    Click on your name and you will see the option to send aPM
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Hi Sy,

Not sure how to send you a private message via the forums but if the machine is still available could you please send me a quick email with your contact details - [email protected]

Thanks, Nathan
    Nathan PM your details and I'll Email Sy for you.

This is great machine and you won't go wrong with it. Done very little work. If you do buy it and have any trouble feel free to contact me directly.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I don't think new members can send PMs until they've been approved or posted a certain number of posts.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Managed to send a PM to JAZZCNC.

Thanks, Nathan

Bump...

This is still available. My impending move is getting closer so I will take 4k if you come and collect.

Thanks,
    Sy

Hi,
    I have sent you a pm.
    Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information