. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yes if using Cslabs macros. The problem is with Mach rather than Cslabs but the workaround is to use Modbus and talk directly to the controller rather than going thru Mach.
    Bit fiddly for most but to the man with a DUZZIT Simplizzzz.
    does it capture exact step output the probe was hit on (like mach with parallel port does) and uccnc now does after a bit of nagging?
    i presume the problem is with their plugin . are they going to fix it?
    i havnt tried a csmio myself but i like to know each ones real life capabilities. (same question i forgot to ask re acorn too)

Would be useful.

I see its N/c switch - is there a way to get it N/o on the probe side??
    Last edited by Davek0974; 22-01-2018 at 10:54 PM.

3. no- it has to be nc (but could use a 2803 inline to invert signal)
    why would you want to? nc allows probe to be checked ready - ie not stuck and connected before probing and after backoff

Quote Originally Posted by battwell View Post
    does it capture exact step output the probe was hit on (like mach with parallel port does) and uccnc now does after a bit of nagging?
    i presume the problem is with their plugin . are they going to fix it?
    i havnt tried a csmio myself but i like to know each ones real life capabilities. (same question i forgot to ask re acorn too)
    I'm using something like Mach3 version .028 and that works fine with the CSLabs macro for touch-off and M6start/end. When I tested the touch-off mechanism, I was getting +-1 microstep repeatability, which is about .03mm on my router. CSLabs say that they are monitoring the probe input in their firmware so there is no Mach3 involvement at that point.

Even when Mach3 and the CSLabs firmware were still in development they just stood and shouted at each other - "It's all your fault!" Nothing is going to happen now. Looks a bit like CSLabs used an undocumented mechanism in Mach3 which Mach3 then changed after about v .028.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by battwell View Post
    no- it has to be nc (but could use a 2803 inline to invert signal)
    why would you want to? nc allows probe to be checked ready - ie not stuck and connected before probing and after backoff
    I use a touch plate on the high-speed setup - this is naturally N/o circuit, if its shorted or N/c then probing does not trigger, i was looking for an easy install :)

7. just a matter of changing probe signal active high to active low in software. are you using mach3? or?

uccnc has added a second probe input so 1 can be configured nc and one no - genius.lol
    i have 2 spare probes arriving today from germany ( and 2 for my machines)

Using Mach3 and CSMIO-IP/A controller.

Will have a look

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information