. .
    I am in the process of reworking an older cnc machine which was used in a school environment, the stepper motors are HY200 2226 0470 ACM8 but I am having trouble finding information on the motors.

I am using TB6600 0.2-5A Two Phase Hybrid Stepper Motor Driver from ebay and need to know the power and step to set the drivers up, any information would be welcomed and appreciated, thanks Paul

ps should I just replace the motors with standard nema 23 or 34 4wire ones or are the ones above good enough to do the job?

pps sorry also just looked and I know I should have posted this in the next forum under stepper motors, was rushing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	23619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170805_115305.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	263.0 KB 
ID:	23620   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-Axis-USB-CNC-Controller-CNC-USB-Interface-Board-USB-CNC-2-1-MK1-MACH3-Upgrading.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	334.7 KB 
ID:	23621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	23622  
    Last edited by DiGi5670; 18-01-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    http://www.probyte.fi/pdf/HY200-3424-0170.pdf
    (just search for HY200 2226 0470, the ACM8 just depicts shaft sizes/special features, and doesn't normally make any difference to the basic spec)

That puts them at 4.7A coil, however you need to know how the motor coils are wired (are they 4,6, or 8 wires?) to know how to set the drive current.
    Steps wise, use 1/8th microstep setting, as it's a reasonable compromise.

The motors won't be that great performance, but with those basic drivers, you probably won't get much of a performance improvement by changing them.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Was a search engine no use ?
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 19-01-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Was a search engine no use ?
    This forum is where people come to have searches done for them ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

7. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

I did search before thank you very much and have had the PDF file that the first poster sent for quite a while but dismissed it because of the last 4 characters in the model number, but I still thanked the poster for the help and it was appreciated. I did not post before I tried searching myself but was looking for information I could have and would have missed as I am not an engineer, I know noting about motors or torque and such like I was here asking for help, which was appreciated, not to be ridiculed for being a lazy person and just getting other people to do the searches for me.

Apologies if this is the wrong way of taking the other comments but I do normally try to help myself first before asking for help, I will know better next time.

No offence intended, it just occurred to me that a pattern seems to be developing and I wanted to understand why.
    On this and other similar forums I've noticed over a period of several years that the nature of questions has changed.
    My own view is that more people are now coming into the cnc field with less of an engineering background than before.
    Also from my own experience I'm seeing that younger people, if not given the information, are not so proficient at finding
    that information for themselves as older people are. I don't have a good feel for where the young/old cross over age is but
    I'm thinking it's a higher number than one would anticipate.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 20-01-2018 at 04:33 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Lives in Derbyshire  UK, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 295. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 13 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    No offence intended, it just occurred to me that a pattern seems to be developing and I wanted to understand why.
    My own view is that more people are now coming into the cnc field with less of an engineering background than before.
    That could be because it is not on the curriculum in schools anymore.

A pattern has been on this and on other forums for a good many years (how could he / she dare to ask how to do something)

I am a firm believer that Google can be your friend for something's and your worst enemy for others and is always my first port of call, but there is nothing to compare on Google with the hands on experience that the years of work that Eddy, Nick and others have, what is the problem in asking anyone a fair question, some might be a stupid question but a reply does not have to be, it take the same amount of time and effort to reply with the best help you know and the OP goes away happy and gets on with learning from that helpful information, instead of getting berated just for asking.

When I first came into cnc many years ago I was given the right information that I did not know or understand by some very helpful people on this forum and enabled me to go forward and if I can help others in return I do so without question or reward.

Phill

12. The Following User Says Thank You to phill05 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information