. .
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Lives in Manchester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 66. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Whilst I wait for the psu parts to arrive, I was thinking about the driver fuses. With the current setup, if one fuse blows on say the z axis, the other axis will just continue regardless, potentially damaging the part or even the machine. Is there a software or hardware tool to stop this happening?
    Would a 3 pole fuse holder work? Or is each fuse still independent of the others?

What drives you using.?

Each fuse is still independent.

You might be able to detect an unpowered driver with a properly configured fault output and a controller that is checking for this signal?

Lives in Manchester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 66. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    DM860T drivers from stepper online.
    https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/download/DM860T.pdf

Nice, looks like you making good progress:)

Just stumbled across this on YouTube and thought it was worth sharing. This guy cuts aluminium on a 3D printed MPCNC better than most videos iv seen from people with a "propper" diy cnc router! Mighty impressive!
    Hope my machine can perform even half as well as this.
    https://youtu.be/zefnrPRvc9Q

Very impressive! That just goes to show how important it is to spend time learning how to use the tools you have to their maximum capability.

I'm certainly tempted to try out my router on aluminium. I hadn't really though it was up to any serious work it until I saw that.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    I'm certainly tempted to try out my router on aluminium. I hadn't really though it was up to any serious work it until I saw that.
    It's the adaptive tool paths that allow him to get away with it as they take very lite cuts but at full depth. If you notice when profiling using typical profile toolpath he was using a very small depth of cut(DOC) and feed rate because the machine wouldn't be able to handle taking correct DOC to suit the tool diameter. However Still impressive to say 3D printed.!

Transformer arived today. Very please to see it came with a mount bracket too. Couldn't wait to test it so wired it up, only to spend half hour trying to figure out why there was no output voltage... turns out my multimeter had died! Try again tomorrow with a new one.

Thinking of building a small wooded cabinet for all the electronics, maybe with a plexiglass window if I can keep my wiring looking nice and tidy. Are wooded cabinets considered safe?

Quote Originally Posted by diycnc View Post
    Thinking of building a small wooded cabinet for all the electronics, maybe with a plexiglass window if I can keep my wiring looking nice and tidy. Are wooded cabinets considered safe?
    I don't think theres anything wrong with a wooden cabinet - plenty of people do it. I think metal is probably better at keeping moisture out, (electrical) noise in, and means anything that manages to go bang is contained by a strong earth-connected box, but its probably overkill for many of these machines. From a financial perspective, my metal cab certainly wasn't cheap, and I'm pretty sure its not going to add any functionality to my build. I have a sneaking suspicion mine is mainly for aesthetics....

Another option is to grab yourself a server rack with a glass front (reasonably inexpensive on ebay - especially the kits or 2nd hand), or use a large PC case.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information