. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi, i got this set of Z-axis from Aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNC-...393892397.html
    It uses 24V DC motor (no driver), but i have never connecting this kind of motor to controller. I use ESS smoothstepper, so if you can help me and provide me some wiring diagrams for it, and help me with how to set it up in Mach 3.

Is it just a standard dc motor (2 wires)?

I'd have thought you'll need to replace it with a stepper. Looks like it's already set up for a nema23. Measure the mounting motor mounting holes.

Yes its 2 wires motor

There isn't much info on the listing, but from what I can see, it had limit switches. As it is, applying 24v will make it lower (fast) until it hits a limit switch. Most likely reversing the polarity will make it shoot back up.

The limit switches should have some adjustment to set height.

Not usable in mach3. Closest you could get was using the "coolant on/off" functions to drive a relay that applies power to it when on, and reverse polarity when off. Nightmare.

Unless I'm missing something, I'd stick a stepper on it (looks easy, especially if mounts are nema 23 or nema 57 size. It has a ballscrew so it should work well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nema.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	23646

Its nema 23

I should say, I'm by no means an expert.

The dc motor will be MUCH faster up/down than a stepper.
    Probably want to wait and see what others think before moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by masinecc View Post
    Hi, i got this set of Z-axis from Aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNC-...393892397.html
    It uses 24V DC motor (no driver), but i have never connecting this kind of motor to controller. I use ESS smoothstepper, so if you can help me and provide me some wiring diagrams for it, and help me with how to set it up in Mach 3.
    So it's Plasma THC with Proximity Switches at set heights shown in the link you provided and you bought it with no idea of how you were going to control it?
    You need a Plasma THC controller!
    Last edited by magicniner; 21-01-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

I get it from China in a package with rest of my parts, but its not what we talked about, its now sth different. It was suposed to be stepper motor nema 23 with driver and i got sth else now which is unfamiliar to me. Ok, after i buy THC how it works , how to conenct it? Can u explain to me?

It's totally mind boggling
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information