. .
    Hi there, total beginner here, been 3D printing for a year and wanted to figure out the other end of the manufacturing world so bought a very cheap 1610 chinamill with a wonky everything.

Already totally hooked and looking for a Shapeoko or similar :)

Welcome, and welcome to the world of Chinese budget CNC, there are some excellent ones but they tend to be a bit of a "Triggers Broom"
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Morning from Leicester, don't buy anything yet!!!! Research first then build one it really is the best choice and not as hard as you think I managed it by outsourcing everything mechanical wasn't that bad at all.

You're welcome to come down for a cup tea, check out my router and I can give you pointers on how not to do stuff lol like don't blow up that PSU you just built kind of thing lol. Have a few different linear slides you can check out as well so you can see the real world difference between Supported rail and Hiwin slides. I also can point you in the right direction for geting stuff made at a reasonable price.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Thread Information