. .

Thread: cnc spoilboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dean - Trespa looks interesting. Which variant did you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    Dean - Trespa looks interesting. Which variant did you use.
    Not to sure mate I've just sent the bloke a text so will let ya no.

Searching also Silvans phenolic paper. Any sources of 12/15 mm minimum 500x500 gratefully received.

Searching also Silvans phenolic paper. Any sources of 12/15 mm minimum 500x500 gratefully received.
    Let me know as well. I was looking at hdpe. I have a load of it ready to melt but not sure how I can melt all of it to make a spoilboard 360 370mm.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

HDPE is on the soft side and not good for tapping, so clamping parts down if you use this methods not good to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean jeffery View Post
    HDPE is on the soft side and not good for tapping, so clamping parts down if you use this methods not good to be very good.
    Is trespa waterproof so I can use coolant? Looks hard to find

It's not 100% waterproof but very low moisture content, the stuff is very expensive and is hard to find.

I'm no expert on the stuff Jazz uses it for spoil boards that's why I now use it for jigs and an added spoil board to my existing board.

In uk it's called Tufnol and it's also very expensive. Often used for making Jigs etc because very stable and easily machined. Thou it's dusty stuff to machine covers everything in yellow layer of fine abrasive dust.
    https://www.directplastics.co.uk/tufnol-sheet

Quote Originally Posted by dfox1787 View Post
    Is trespa waterproof so I can use coolant? Looks hard to find

Yes it is. Often used in swimming baths for cubilcles etc. I came across job lot that from warehouse clearence that had been sat outside over 12months and it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    In uk it's called Tufnol and it's also very expensive. Often used for making Jigs etc because very stable and easily machined. Thou it's dusty stuff to machine covers everything in yellow layer of fine abrasive dust.
    https://www.directplastics.co.uk/tufnol-sheet

Yes it is. Often used in swimming baths for cubilcles etc. I came across job lot that from warehouse clearence that had been sat outside over 12months and it's fine.
    I've used whale tufnol good but not as good as the trespa

Quote Originally Posted by Dean jeffery View Post
    I've used whale tufnol good but not as good as the trespa
    I'm thinking aluminium spoilboard might be best for me when I'm using coolant. I'd consider another tslot bed on top on my current one but it's expensive. I need something I can surface as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information