. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hi just to let know that Cslabs now have there own Control software. It's called SimCNC and it's currently on 30day free trial.
    http://en.cs-lab.eu/premiere-new-sim...-cs-lab-offer/

Haven't used it yet my self but will be doing and I'll post a thread about it.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Interesting. Shame they've not provided much detail about it.

Any chance of what it's actually capable of, and some screenshots when you do test it?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Interesting. Shame they've not provided much detail about it.

Any chance of what it's actually capable of, and some screenshots when you do test it?
    Here's the front end. That's far as I've got so far. I'm having trouble updating Firmware and until it's done can't use it in anger. I'll start a thread with any issues I find and why can't update firm ware etc. Thinking it's dodgy Firmware or loader because I've updated many these controllers without issues.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	simcnc.jpg 
Views:	1237 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	23694

Just ordered the 30 day trial software myself. Not much info on the website, no manual to peruse, does a manual come with the software download Dean?

Nice one Dean thanks.

An interesting proposition as this means controller hardware and controller software are from the same vendor, not having to use a plug-in with a 3rd party (e.g. Mach3) software.

If I understand what they are doing -
    This offer was launched only a month ago so it is not ready yet.
    You can get a perpetual 30 day demo licence now for free whilst they finish it but when it is finished you will have to pay a higher amount (potentially 259 Euro).

Or you can take a punt and pay only '179 Euro' now, receive the WIP versions as they are updated, and when it is ready you will get it shipped free.

Either way following with interest.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by alboy View Post
    Just ordered the 30 day trial software myself. Not much info on the website, no manual to peruse, does a manual come with the software download Dean?
    No there is an Install manual you can download. I'm sure there will be manual at some point but it's still early days and sure there will be changes happening. Manual tends to be little later down the line when things have settled down.

Just so your aware machine needs to be connected to internet to install software which is a pain in the arse but I'm sure they'll come up with a standalone version at some point.

yep, having to connect to the internet is a right pain in the arse, I deliberately do not have my control PC connected to the internet. I look forward to your review of the software Dean. I am sure it will be far more informative than anything I could do lol. I am really hoping that there is semi auto tool change height setter like the 2010 screen set.
    Last edited by alboy; 01-02-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Nice one Dean thanks.

An interesting proposition as this means controller hardware and controller software are from the same vendor, not having to use a plug-in with a 3rd party (e.g. Mach3) software.
    Yep but better still is the motion planner they are using. S curve planners give much smoother performance than standard planners which most other control softwares use.
    Art fennerty made a version of Mach Called Tempest which used S curve planner and for 3D work it was great but at that time the computing power of PC's wasn't enough to justify Art to developing it further. Today's PC's are more than upto hence why we are seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yep but better still is the motion planner they are using. S curve planners give much smoother performance than standard planners which most other control softwares use.
    Art fennerty made a version of Mach Called Tempest which used S curve planner and for 3D work it was great but at that time the computing power of PC's wasn't enough to justify Art to developing it further. Today's PC's are more than upto hence why we are seeing it.
    Dammit now I have to go and google S curve control methods lol.

I wonder what the pace of development will be. A complex control can take a long time to develop. UCCNC for example, has been steadily adding features for over 3 years now.
    We all know how long Mach4 has been in development.
    Fwiw, S curve is on the to do list for UCCNC, but I don't expect it anytime too..
    I still use Tempest occasionally on my old router. Much smoother, and more accurate for 3D work than the default Mach3 planner.
    S-Curve is really good for powerful, fast machines.

Lot's of good control options available these days, and still everyone keeps using Mach3.
    Last edited by Ger21; 01-02-2018 at 02:02 AM.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information