. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Lives in Carnoustie, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-10-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 28. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eatonm62 View Post
    I have decided to try Sim CNC on my mill but sadly failed at the first hurdle which was when you open the software my IPA controller doesn't show up. Very disappointed as I even did my homework by reading the Sim CNC quick start guide last night. I have just messaged CSL and when I get this sorted I will come back with any updates.
    I am quite happy with the look of Sim CNC and as Mach 4 has some issues I thought why not give it a go.
    Is yours an earlyish one? The controller needs to be one of the newer FP4 versions for SimCNC. If you look on the front of the CSMIO, you should see FP4 in small writing to the right hand side below the yellow bar.

Lives in Carnoustie, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-10-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 28. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Here is where it will say fp4.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2021-02-22_134647.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	298.9 KB 
ID:	29584

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hood For This Useful Post:

I did have a reply from CS Labs today regarding my issue of not being able to connect to the IPA and was told I needed to update the firmware -
    To use simCNC you need CSMIO firmware v3.xxx.
    Update the firmware to see your MAC address.

I did but from my old PC running Win XP using the boot loader v3.6 it worked fine but I still couldn't connect to the IPA with my new PC which is running WIN 10.
    Very confused is it because of any security settings within Win 10 or something else ?

Hood My unit is FP 4-10.

To clear up any confusion
    I bought my mill already converted and it came with a PC running Win XP and Mach 3 which is ok but the PC is very old and has frozen a few times so rather than wait for it to go wrong I would rather get it changed.
    It just so happened I had a decent one doing nothing it has an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G Processor 16Gb Ram and a PCIE SSD more than needed for Sim CNC.
    Last edited by Eatonm62; 22-02-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead, but seemed to be the logical place to post.

I finally finished my upgrade to an IP-A, but need to add controls in the SimCNC software for a second spindle.

I'd like to use M13/14/15 and can see I need to add the M code macros, and also assign in Device script, but can't see how to tie that to the relevant outputs.

Does anyone have an idea how this may be achieved?

regards, Oz

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information