. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    I wonder what the pace of development will be. A complex control can take a long time to develop. UCCNC for example, has been steadily adding features for over 3 years now.
    We all know how long Mach4 has been in development.
    Fwiw, S curve is on the to do list for UCCNC, but I don't expect it anytime too..
    I still use Tempest occasionally on my old router. Much smoother, and more accurate for 3D work than the default Mach3 planner.
    S-Curve is really good for powerful, fast machines.

Lot's of good control options available these days, and still everyone keeps using Mach3.
    Familiarity and huge user base is all that's keeping mach3 alive I think Gerry. Mach4 is just none starter really hence why people like Cslabs and MCP are jumping ship I think. Just wished they'd done it sooner.

Regards development we'll have to wait and see. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see it features Tangential cutting which I believe UCCNC still doesn't.?
    You'd expect little often used a feature like this to be low priority or sidelined for a future release. Let's hope it allows G2/3 moves for arcs.!

What I will do when get it working is check out how it handles G42 as well and report on UCCNC.

Dean,
    A good report on the software would be great particularly looking at dual homing/gantry correction and info on the tool change procedure would be well received. I am seriously looking and dumping the cslabs control and moving to Centroids Acorn. I remember emailing Cslabs a while back asking if they would support any other software apart from Mach and they said they didn't have any plans for it so maybe this was just under wraps until it reached release stage. Unfortunately I don't have a working machine to test it on at the moment but does it operate in demo mode?

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Here's the front end. That's far as I've got so far. I'm having trouble updating Firmware and until it's done can't use it in anger. I'll start a thread with any issues I find and why can't update firm ware etc. Thinking it's dodgy Firmware or loader because I've updated many these controllers without issues.

Attachment 23694
    Am i right in thinking that it doesn't run without CS-LAB hardware connected?

A good excuse to make a Youtube video...

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Dean,
    A good report on the software would be great particularly looking at dual homing/gantry correction and info on the tool change procedure would be well received. I am seriously looking and dumping the cslabs control and moving to Centroids Acorn. I remember emailing Cslabs a while back asking if they would support any other software apart from Mach and they said they didn't have any plans for it so maybe this was just under wraps until it reached release stage. Unfortunately I don't have a working machine to test it on at the moment but does it operate in demo mode?

Ian
    Hi Ian,

Wouldn't jump ship to Acorn just yet if your using on Router. I've got one here and it's not well featured for Routers at minute. However it's being worked on as we speak. Centroid guys are very helpful and as we are asking them for features they are providing them or trying.
    Just last night was working on new tool change macro provided which is more suited to routers. But there PLC works very different to anything I've used before so lots of head scratching at minute.

To be honest, until they make the homing work correctly to suit slaved motors it's none starter for me. But they are working on it and hopefully will soon have something to test.

Regards SimCNC then I will report back but as of yet, I've not got it working with the IP-S on my machine because it won't update the firmware. (But my IP-S is very early version so could something to do with that.?)
    I have just installed it on new IP-M (just on bench test) and worked no problems. However, I now need License key so waiting for them to send me that.

The software will install without needing controller attached (does need internet access to install) but won't let you do anything without controller attached and even when you do have one attached won't do anything without license Key.

When I have it up and Running then Yes I will make video. However I wouldn't start getting excited just yet because it's still work in progress and I'm sure got a long way to go before can match other well established software.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 01-02-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Ok here's a (Like watching paint drying as Clive S told me) video showing Install, Firmware update and first bench test without License look at software.

I'll do better one when can get it on actual machine.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    ...and still everyone keeps using Mach3.
    In my case, because I'm using an IP/M! But now it looks as if there might be a choice...

Nice video Dean thanks for taking the time to investigate. Hope your license arrives soon.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Nice video Dean thanks for taking the time to investigate. Hope your license arrives soon.
    Not having the license isn't so much big deal as not having the time to play properly.!!

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Thanks, wasnt aware of this. Interesting move, they were having some real Mach 3 issues, so not surprised by this actually.

Thanks for the video Dean...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information