. .
    Lives in IOM, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 06-04-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 19.
    Hi everyone

Some great reading on here - lots of useful info, thanks!

I'm the proud 34 year old owner of a Sieg X2 minimill and a Sieg C3 minilathe. I've had them for a couple of years now after wanting machines like these for as long as I can remember. I'm interested in most things mechanical or computery.
    I am a competent home mechanic and look after my 'fleet' of 2 cars, an enduro bike and a boat (I couldn't afford them otherwise!), and have always been keen to dabble in being able to make my own metal parts for projects hence the machines, and slightly more on the engineering side of things in general.

Other workshop equipment I have include a really old Burgess bandsaw (was my dad's originally), a pillar drill, Esab Origomag Mig Welder, small compressor, bench grinder etc etc, and a fair selection of Snapon hand tools that I've bought (used ones and Ebay etc - never full price!!) over quite some time.

I really want to convert both these machines to CNC but I can't afford it at present, so I figure it's best that I learn betterhow to use them and gain experience in the meantime, then I'll have a greater understanding of what works & what doesn't once I reach the point where I can afford all the necessary gear.

Also that I can hopefully get them set up as sweet as I can before I get to that stage to help prevent problems further down the line. I'm a programmer by trade so I am hoping that the stuff involved with CNC won't cause me too much trouble but you never know...

Cheers
    Jim

Location unknown. Last Activity: 10-11-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 58. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hello Cret, welcome.

Welcome :wave:
    .Me

Lives in IOM, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 06-04-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 19.
    Cheers guys :)

Jim

Thread Information